Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

How is everyone today? Just hanging in there, myself. Kind of a ho-hum evening...nothing special to report. Had a few beers, made some sushi and grilled some chicken wings. Hopefully getting in some time at the dirt jumps this evening, but there's a strong possibility of severe storms, so we'll just have to see how things work out.

Sushi and wings....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
This GMT is making me hungry.

Good morning. Just making it through the day will be awesome!!1!
I didn't ride yesterday but I did get a lot of other things done around the house so I could get out today. So, a ho hum evening here too.

I can't wait for 5 and the ride...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Those wings look good. We had mahi mahi and KERN on the grill last night.

Happy Wednesday, monkeys! Good workout last night, which included a quarter mile jog on the treadmill...my first "run" since surgery. I was told to keep the first run real short to see how the knee responds the next day. So far, so good.

Wifey is rather sore today from the Monday collision. Poor wife. :(

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Morning all,

3 days until the 24HOGG
So jealous. Wanted to do that race again but none of my 1 cycling friends wants to do it with me.

Good morning all. Got the internet/tv set up last night along with the dining room table. Marinated some meat and bought a couple of things for dinner tonight as the girlfriend's parents are coming over.

Rode last night and it was a suffer fest. Just didn't have it, whatever energy I had the heat took away. Oh well, any ride is a good ride.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Got back from vacation on Sat, got back on the DH bike on Monday at Killington. I am still sore....Ride tonight.

Came back yesterday to work to find out that my secretary and a coworker were caught "doing it" possibly in the downstairs BR...great way to start off the work week! :eek::rolleyes:

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Good morning. My refrigerator broke two nights ago and I had to order sushi for dinner. The sushi was bad and I was too lazy to go out and get something else, and there was nothing in my refrigerator so I was really in a pickle. haha! Today I am going to go on a long ride. After that I will eat dinner and be back on rm.

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Had a Good ride last night with Woodsguy and BAd Crumble , we made it a late start to do some true night riding to help us get ready for 24HOGG this weekend.

Nice ride in today. lot of other rideres out there

but I did have a WTF moment , when I caught and Passed a Guy riding a Cervelo TT bike ( disk wheel and all ) , wearing a Full skin Suit and Fancy Aero Helmet , and I caught and Passed him Rather easily, he didn't even respond to My G' morning as I passed him.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yo. Got back from vacation on Sat, got back on the DH bike on Monday at Killington. I am still sore....Ride tonight.

Came back yesterday to work to find out that my secretary and a coworker were caught "doing it" possibly in the downstairs BR...great way to start off the work week! :eek::rolleyes:
You have a secretary?

Sushi and wings... odd combination... but 2 of my favorite things.

I wanna try a 24 hr race this year. Anybody know of one in the lower New England region in the Sept/Oct time frame?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Mornin'! GH, that sushi/wing combo looks really good!

Did a good ride on what is considered some of the most technical singletrack in our area. Lots of do overs but cleared some lines I hadn't before, made some climbs I never have so all in all, a good ride. Rode flat pedals again for the first time in a while, worked out pretty good! Was these:

Pretty stable and grippy.

Working in MD today, going home tonight, so no ride:(

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Morning.
Finally got out on a night ride. 24 miles total. It was still about 100 degrees at 8pm, everytime I stopped, sweat poured down my face. Should have worn a sweatband or something. Good ride though! Really digging the CoilAir.

The forecast is not encouraging today, supposed to hit 115 :dead:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Submitted a few resumes into Apple yesterday for positions in Cupertino CA. I need to start making some more money so I can start a family. Little bit of a commute, but they have a free shuttle there and back with wireless. So I can RM on my way to work. =]

Wish me luck!

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
kinda bummed out right now. don't know why.

GH-wings & sushi.....:drool:
now my lunch decision is going to be tough.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
You have a secretary?

Sushi and wings... odd combination... but 2 of my favorite things.

I wanna try a 24 hr race this year. Anybody know of one in the lower New England region in the Sept/Oct time frame?
Unfortunately, I think the latest 24hr. race is Allamuchy, NJ on 8/22. There used to be one in CT in September, but they haven't had it in a couple of years now and no word on the 24 hours of the Adirondacks happening in late Sept. either :(

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all. Chillin' with Syd. We're cleaning, cooking, coloring and hanging out. She's too cute and we're having so much fun! Today's plan is: bike ride, lunch, floating around in the pool...the basics.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Yum sushi! Looks great!

Well it looks like my days of peacefully enjoying my coffee in the morning are over. Dahlia has apparantly been saving up her energy to learn everything at once. This week she has learned to pull herself to standing and walk along the furniture, push herself up to a sitting position, and just last night she sorta got the crawling thing down. ow I'm gonna be running around and trying to catch her all day. In fact must go catch her now....

Have a good day monkies! :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Yum sushi! Looks great!

Well it looks like my days of peacefully enjoying my coffee in the morning are over. Dahlia has apparantly been saving up her energy to learn everything at once. This week she has learned to pull herself to standing and walk along the furniture, push herself up to a sitting position, and just last night she sorta got the crawling thing down. ow I'm gonna be running around and trying to catch her all day. In fact must go catch her now....

Have a good day monkies! :)

LOL! Good luck...once their mobile, they're gone and so is your sanity.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wish me luck!
Much luck to you! That would be awesome.

Morning, Monkeys. An uneventful night followed by anger and frustration with the homework. I did find a possible apartment yesterday, so I will look at it on Saturday and take a load of crap there on Sunday. Otherwise I'm hotel bound.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Unfortunately, I think the latest 24hr. race is Allamuchy, NJ on 8/22. There used to be one in CT in September, but they haven't had it in a couple of years now and no word on the 24 hours of the Adirondacks happening in late Sept. either :(
Reallllllllllyyyy, that NJ one is maybe half hour from me.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC

Morning, Monkeys. An uneventful night followed by anger and frustration with the homework. I did find a possible apartment yesterday, so I will look at it on Saturday and take a load of crap there on Sunday. Otherwise I'm hotel bound.
"Homework" .......I see what you did there. :thumb:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

Didn't you just buy a house? Or is this part of the previous "it's complicated" posts?

Really digging the new road/commuter frame (basically the same frame but 4 years newer). It's amazing how much stiffer a frame that isn't cracked is. My muscles are still screaming from Saturday's Whistler excursion. And I'm tired.

Bleh.
Happy Wednesday.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I wish. QRB/501 - QUANTITATIVE REASONING FOR BUSINESS

Worst class EVER. And to think today is only day 2...
I took Quantitative Analysis when I was in teh kollege. Is that the same thing, you know, with math formulas that take four pages of notebook paper to solve? (no exaggeration.) I'm glad that class was all open book.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Didn't you just buy a house? Or is this part of the previous "it's complicated" posts?
I did just buy a house, but that was not the change I was seeking. The good news is that I stand to make some money if it sells this month. Roughly $25k if it works out to my advantage. I also found a similar setup for less than half the price down there and no HOA. So my payment would be about $500 a month!

juiceguy03

Chimp
Jul 13, 2009
sitting in work browsing bike related sites....

picked up a ss this past weekend from Craigslist (for $150). I am completely obsessed with this thing, and haven't touched my 6" travel "all mountain" bike since.

who'd a thunk it?

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
morning al. went on cruiser tuesday last night, a local is headed out on an around the world bike tour, so it was in honor of him. was awesome.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Hey all. Life has been somewhat boring lately. Been going to work and working on a paper in most of my free time. No riding in the last week or more because of IT band problems, too much work and laziness. Exercise overall has been weak; it's hard to make myself even do stretches and situps and stuff when it's hotter in my apartment than it is outside. At least my paper is going okay.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Reallllllllllyyyy, that NJ one is maybe half hour from me.
I did it the summer before last. And not to deter you, but I thought it was an awful race...my least favorite 24 hour event in fact. I didn't like the course (lots of double track and boring parts); lots of climbing through giant rock gardens (read = boulders) that even Sq-Earl hiked a bike through....I didn't see anyone riding that section the entire race. I generally find something to like on each course and this one didn't do it for me -- my favorite part was scanning out at the timing table (they use electronic timing bracelets).

Terrible weather -- 100+ degrees in the day with high humidity, then REALLY strong t-storms and more than hub-deep mud for 18 hours of the race. Schwaag bags contained a gu, lots of papers & a t-shirt. No prizes...just medals for the top 3 (I finished 4th our of 12); lots of racers too so that's a pity (on the prize side) probably about 200+ total. The venue has camping and showers which is a plus, but it's so spread out that it really lacks a "festival atmosphere" that I like about other 24 hour events that I have been to.