Quantcast

###(((( Wednesday GMT ))))###

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I had to look up FFW. Trippy, shows what I know about trials.

What's the benefit? Is the engagement better?
can be. the try-all FFW is 108pt engagement via 9 pawls, 3 pawls engaged at any given time. so its quite strong as well.

the main advantage is clearance; it allows you to run smaller front cogs (down to 18t) than can be used with a traditional BCD chainring.

also, it's used with a single speed fixed hub.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
As Jon is saying, front freewheel is used on all comp-style bikes.

Echo now makes a 108 point freewheel that is amazingly reliable and can be had for less than $75. (The very best freewheel comes from China, WTF?) You had to run a standard setup with King or equivalent hub to get this kind of reliability before. Obviously it's way cheaper. Reliability is key, one skipped pawl can mean a long fall or smacking your mouth on something.

Another advantage to FFW is the weight is moved to the center of the bike. This makes the bike feel lighter and flicky.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Ok this is getting funny. Woke up after 5 hours of sleep at 7am. It's 1am and I am working. I have up untill tommorow to come with a big US movie slogan, how I see the ad campaign, localized title and target. It's an awesome job but the time makes me really understand what it means to pull something out of your ass.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
fvck you.

Morning monkeys from Monterey CA. I was really amazed all of our flights yesterday were on time and actually arrived at their destinations early. That has to be some sort of record for us traveling.

The view of Monterey Bay from my buddy's back deck...

Also took this one of the harbor seals laying on the beach near by...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Ok this is getting funny. Woke up after 5 hours of sleep at 7am. It's 1am and I am working. I have up untill tommorow to come with a big US movie slogan, how I see the ad campaign, localized title and target. It's an awesome job but the time makes me really understand what it means to pull something out of your ass.

Slogan: "It's like falling love, all over again, for the first time"
Ad campaign: free puppies for everyone!
Title: "Fagan: The Blind Puppy That Could Drive a Car!"
Target: "Males, 18-25"

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Slogan: "It's like falling love, all over again, for the first time"
Ad campaign: free puppies for everyone!
Title: "Fagan: The Blind Puppy That Could Drive a Car!"
Target: "Males, 18-25"
I doubt Mel Gibson in a Mexican prison has something to do with puppies. Well unless they are jewish.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO

Guess what I got to do YET AGAIN. All of this bs just to get to the starter. I even got to remove the alternator again. Suspension is all that is left and then it is on the sellers block!!