Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Keystone was ok. Some flat light. Both powder stashes and random rocks in the trees so I mostly tore it up on groomers. Santa Fe, a blue bump run, was fun. 61.7 mph on Starfire, a groomed black (!), and 27.5k vertical in about 3.5 hours of actual skiing time.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've worked on a lot of bikes and replaced my share of derailleur cables and it has never magically made the drive train feel new lol. Were there pebbles bouncing around in your housing or something??
It’s all about technique...

That, and “new” was perhaps an exaggeration. “Much much less crappy and no longer hesitating coming off my 42t cog” might have been more accurate.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
gonna race tantrum for beers?

re: flurries...we’re back in the 70s next week for good, methinks
Not signed up to EndurBro. DH for life!!!!!

Plus I think the challenge was to industry type lizards. I do intend to meet @Tantrum Cycles, drink beer with him, and hopefully ride his bikes.

Got a mystery creak under hard load in my trail bike drive train (I think it's in the drive train) gonna attempt replacing cables and see if that fixes it :banana:

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Not signed up to EndurBro. DH for life!!!!!

Plus I think the challenge was to industry type lizards. I do intend to meet @Tantrum Cycles, drink beer with him, and hopefully ride his bikes.
ya, but the Sea Otter DH is lame. It's the first stage of the Enduro, and we're doing it on Trail bikes. Stage 2 and 3 are flowy dh trails with no tech, but fun. and stage 4 is the dual slalom course.

So it's LIKE I'm entering the DH, only bad asser. Yes, my challenge was to all the guys I've known for years that never ride there and won't this time. but I'll still buy you 2 beersw if I beat your DH time.

None if you beat mine.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali

That, and “new” was perhaps an exaggeration. “Much much less crappy and no longer hesitating coming off my 42t cog” might have been more accurate.
ya, but the Sea Otter DH is lame. It's the first stage of the Enduro, and we're doing it on Trail bikes. Stage 2 and 3 are flowy dh trails with no tech, but fun. and stage 4 is the dual slalom course.

So it's LIKE I'm entering the DH, only bad asser. Yes, my challenge was to all the guys I've known for years that never ride there and won't this time. but I'll still buy you 2 beersw if I beat your DH time.

None if you beat mine.
Definitely riding the DH on my trail bike.

But if I'm gonna pay to race I'd rather get 3 days of shuttle serviced practice and one race run instead of just one race run where I have to pedal a bunch. I pedal my ass around on trails all the time :rant:

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Definitely riding the DH on my trail bike.

But if I'm gonna pay to race I'd rather get 3 days of shuttle serviced practice and one race run instead of just one race run where I have to pedal a bunch. I pedal my ass around on trails all the time :rant:
Great. you just reminded me that my combined 10 minutes of racing includes 3hrs, 50 mm of granny gear paved climbs of transition stages.

but I hire a kid for that part and sneak a ride in a car while taking a safety break. So it all works out.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
I'll race you for one of your Telecasters...
My first foolish question would be, what are you putting up?

Quickly followed by, do you have more than 2 functioning appendages or 1 functioning lung? Required handicap for any tele bets.

if I brought my motorhome, I was gonna bring a guitar and amp and have a jam....