Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Getting the worst handover out of the system today from this weekend's trip. Also good visit to the PT this morning. Felt a lot better than last week. Really looking forward to some bike riding again.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am still trying to shake off a touch of the stomach bug. It hasn't been too bad, but it's certainly there. My stomach aches and my energy is low. I dragged myself to the high school track for a one hour run this morning and had to take a dump mid-run, which never happens. Glad there are portapotties there. I just wish I had some energy back instead of feeling so drag-ass.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
odds and ends today to prep for press preview tomorrow and exhibition opening this weekend. le ugh.

will sneak away into my office and pretend I'm in a meeting in order to watch wc dh after lunch.

carry on.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Small world. I actually lived in Exeter for a while and the wife went to high school there. Always thought Three Rivers was a pretty cool place. We heard about the evacuations last night. What a shame.
I went to Woodlake for high school, my brother got sent to Exeter after my experience at Woodlake. Probably not a coincidence that he has a college degree and that I dropped out after a single year.

My old man fought fire for the Park Service in SEKI. Lots of memories in Three Rivers, for a kid like I was it was a neat place to grow up.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Back went out on Monday, still in pain. This makes me consider surgery because it really can't be much worse, right?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i used to have this bootleg...

Screenshot_20210915-103430_Chrome.jpg

i remember it sounding like shit...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
ED632DDE-0417-4A07-ADFC-ED2209F8F432.jpeg

got a pin today

now awaiting flu shot at CVS, picking up a used WP Comp Center jacket for middle child, an interminable section meeting on Zoom, then interviewing a candidate also via Zoom

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

The Long night has ended. Well, for this night that is. The Child likes being alert at night.

First shower since I don't remember when, then going to pick up doggo post surgery.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I too have a terrible back pain and am hating life.

It doesnt help I woke up with a shart in my shorts. Dammit veggie stirfry leftovers.
They did an MRI on my lower and now I'm having tingling in my arms they think might be my neck. Do I might get an MRI there next.

Good times.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I should ride more DH at another new to me and wife resort this afternoon.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i hurried home from a lunch ride for a meeting that got cancelled. oh well. still managed 13 miles, putting me at 120 for the month. over 100 of which are actually real (non trainer) miles.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Always thought Three Rivers was a pretty cool place. We heard about the evacuations last night. What a shame.

This picture made me sick. :( Fire jumped the river and road at Potwisha. Everything up hill from Mineral King road is mandatory evac. Fire has grown 2000 acres since I first posted this morning.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC

This picture made me sick. :( Fire jumped the river and road at Potwisha. Everything up hill from Mineral King road is mandatory evac. Fire has grown 2000 acres since I first posted this morning.
That's terrible (and fast moving). If I remember correctly, that's a huge area to evacuate....and I think really only one way in/out? Do you still have family in the area? If so I hope they are safe. Now that I'm thinking about it, the last I heard, one of my childhood friend's (RIP) widow was still in Three Rivers. I hope she got out and is safe as well.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
That's terrible (and fast moving). If I remember correctly, that's a huge area to evacuate....and I think really only one way in/out? Do you still have family in the area? If so I hope they are safe. Now that I'm thinking about it, the last I heard, one of my childhood friend's (RIP) widow was still in Three Rivers. I hope she got out and is safe as well.
The only way out of town at this point would be west on 198 into Visalia. My family is long gone, but I still have friends in the area. Wife has some relations who will be just downhill of the mandatory evac area right now. Wife talked to them just a while ago, they are packed/packing to GTFO.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What did you think? How much was closed?
All open apart from sticks and stones from its first intersection. Which sucks because the first third was great.

Wife's favorite run was rock garden. I liked blondie.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Week long DH roadtrip, 3 different resorts, lots of vert and my wife ends up in the ER on the last day from getting a cut while playing with @rideit 's puppy.

d'oh