Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Well shit. Both of my trekking poles just fell off a steep cliff. No way to retrieve them. There goes $200 and the only things holding my tent up. Good thing on my way to a hostel for the night. Moar thru hiking crap to deal with. Humph
One time a guy I know showed up for remote camping and forgot his tent poles, along with every other thing you need for camping. Also he only brought ten lbs of brussels sprouts and a bottle of yellow mustard for food, for three days. The poor girl he brought had no idea what she was getting into, they slept by rolling up in the tent skin, they didn't even have a blanket. I was giving her food, soap and toothpaste all weekend.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
One time a guy I know showed up for remote camping and forgot his tent poles, along with every other thing you need for camping. Also he only brought ten lbs of brussels sprouts and a bottle of yellow mustard for food, for three days. The poor girl he brought had no idea what she was getting into, they slept by rolling up in the tent skin, they didn't even have a blanket. I was giving her food, soap and toothpaste all weekend.
‘Tent Skin’ lol

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:clapping: nice ... what did you ride?
Rode teh Unridabru bike from Casa de Squeeb to and then up Cheyenne Canyon to do the Buckhorn/Jacks/Chutes loop.

Earlier this week the city opened two "new" trails in the canyon. I use quotes because one of the trails, Captain Morgans has existed for years as a "social trail". Morgans was always a bit rowdy for my tastes unless condition were really good. I haven't ridden the new erosion friendly version yet, but I did ride under where the city built a pretty robust bridge and drop across the other new trail, which is just an extension across Gold Camp road of Ladders. Not sure I understand what the point of the Ladders extension was, except to possibly get riders off of Gold Camp, which can be kind of a dicey ride in the summer, especially in the one lane tunnels. Definitely more climbing on Ladders, it only goes over tunnel 1, and then drops you way back down below the road to connect with Mid Columbine trail where you'd just have to reclimb back up to the Gold Camp parking lot. Seems like a lot of work and money spent to accomplish ????? The other questionable thing it does is cross Jacks at one of the fastest descents on Jacks, with not a lot of visibility. Someone will inevitably get hurt in that intersection.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rode teh Unridabru bike from Casa de Squeeb to and then up Cheyenne Canyon to do the Buckhorn/Jacks/Chutes loop.

Earlier this week the city opened two "new" trails in the canyon. I use quotes because one of the trails, Captain Morgans has existed for years as a "social trail". Morgans was always a bit rowdy for my tastes unless condition were really good. I haven't ridden the new erosion friendly version yet, but I did ride under where the city built a pretty robust bridge and drop across the other new trail, which is just an extension across Gold Camp road of Ladders. Not sure I understand what the point of the Ladders extension was, except to possibly get riders off of Gold Camp, which can be kind of a dicey ride in the summer, especially in the one lane tunnels. Definitely more climbing on Ladders, it only goes over tunnel 1, and then drops you way back down below the road to connect with Mid Columbine trail where you'd just have to reclimb back up to the Gold Camp parking lot. Seems like a lot of work and money spent to accomplish ????? The other questionable thing it does is cross Jacks at one of the fastest descents on Jacks, with not a lot of visibility. Someone will inevitably get hurt in that intersection.

Stunts!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It was @Nick wasn't it?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Hot bike ride home... :bad:
1000007621.png

Had to bring my car to the garage this morning caus there was a weird noise. Turns out I needed another fucking bearing for the CX5. That's the third we've put in since the beginning of the pandemic... I'm so done with this car, but can't afford a new one at the moment...

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Chimichanga city. Population: Me.

edit: Shredded pork butt with chili powder, garlic, cumin and a little chicken base for salt, black beans and cheese.

IMG_3652.jpg

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I would expect more stabby utensils from you
I ate this next to a wall of very usable melee weapons. Axe, spear, parang machete, club. And there's a 40 cal Baby Eagle and some boxes of Black Talons in the safe right behind me. I'm down to clown.

edit: We haven't mentioned the semiauto 12 ga. I prefer heavy game load. It's multiuse but very deadly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Excited that I get to have a draft paper reviewed by a technical board tomorrow. It is supposed to be a review of an initial draft but people will only nitpick details like punctuation and wording, things that are unimportant for a draft.