Quantcast

Wednesday Night Street Ride

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Tomorrow nights weather in DC:
Wed Apr 07 Partly Cloudy 66°/44°

Thursday is calling for rain and colder temps.

So....
Anyone down to ride tomorrow night instead of Thursday?
Same spot in Rosslyn... 8:00pm

ben

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
no, the guys at cortina are pulling a 'typical mtb manufacturer' slack-off maneuver...

daniel said the frame was at the painters and would get sent out to me friday (last friday), monday at the latest.

called him on monday and he said ... "oh, it didn't get sent out, probably next friday"

man, if i made and broke promises like that in my job, i'd be out on the street in no time. yet i've had so many experiences with mtb vendors, retailers & manufacturers that go exactly this way.

just a little annoyed...

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
well i just got home. a tractor trailer ran a car over 2 cars behind me on 495. then 2 miles later traffic was sneaking by a burning van and the guy in front of me decides he wants to look at the pretty flames and BBBLLLLLAAAAAMMMMMMM something explodes....then a chick started yelling at me because she says I wouldn't let her in my lane even though she had no turn signal on or anything....at least she was hot....

Don't have the energy to get back on 495 to gateway...hopefully someone is riding tomorrow....

julio (<-glad to be in one piece)

bwagner

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Baltimore, Maryland
Dang Corey, that avatar makes me want a hardtail just so i can steal your logo and make stickers or shirts or something, by the way, this is Bruce from Baltimore in case you didn't know. VERY COOL LOGO

letoyboy

Chimp
Nov 27, 2003
Springfield, VA
Well that's a lot of replies for people coming down to ride....too bad I only saw Philip and Brian riding (although I hear of someone else that broke a derailluer hanger). I rode with the 20"ers we met up with for a while. Fun times, cool kids.........

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by letoyboy
Well that's a lot of replies for people coming down to ride....too bad I only saw Philip and Brian riding (although I hear of someone else that broke a derailluer hanger). I rode with the 20"ers we met up with for a while. Fun times, cool kids.........
yep- that would be me. broke my hanger. rode my other bike back to the truck. drove back to broken bike. replaced derailluer hanger. then proceeded to break my derailluer in half while trying to straighten it out and mount...... DOOOOhhhhhhh!

anyway, good group. good riders. good weather. what more could you ask for... only lasted 2 hours for me but was much fun none the less!

ben