Quantcast

>>Wednesderp GMT<<

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
tried to sneak into storage facility....no go....was told the building our unit was in was a total loss....

feared dead....

sinister splinter mx frame
spooky metalhead frame...original
eastern woods research frame...original
kona jake the snake frame/booklyn machineworks fork....

luckily the dart was not in there.

edit: duffle bag full of assorted concer t shirts from the last 25 years and i think a spooky shop/work shirt.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

went to pick this up yesterday. pretty badass. It's too bad Commencal USA won't ship to Canada (for now) caus' driving down to the border is a bit of a PITA, but sometimes it's totally worth it, the boy seems pretty pleased:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That sucks Steve!
This is when having insurance doesn't really amount to shit, if you can't replace those frames.
yuuuup.....i guess when i get back from cali in the fall i might throw a new fork on the pitboss...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got a buncha house related shit to take care of these days. The end is in sight however as after this bathroom is finished I don't wanna do a damn thing for a while.

Steve, I missed how the storage unit became a total loss. That's a HUGE bummer. :(

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
in other news....older brothers 09 A6 wagon is quite comfy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
tried to sneak into storage facility....no go....was told the building our unit was in was a total loss....

feared dead....

sinister splinter mx frame
spooky metalhead frame...original
eastern woods research frame...original
kona jake the snake frame/booklyn machineworks fork....

luckily the dart was not in there.

edit: duffle bag full of assorted concer t shirts from the last 25 years and i think a spooky shop/work shirt.
play taps, pour out a case of 40's

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nearing my 1 year anniversary with the current job. Took the job because I think I would actually like what they hired me to do, engineering. In one year I have only done about one month of real engineering, none of it in the past 7 months. Sales have been slow, hence the lack of work, so they have had me doing the sales schlep. There have been promises to get me on projects but there always seems to be a need for someone to lead a big proposal, I keep getting pinged for it. I hate sales work. I like this company but don't know how much longer I can deal with this.

Things are looking up, going in for the second de-turding of the morning

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Nearing my 1 year anniversary with the current job. Took the job because I think I would actually like what they hired me to do, engineering. In one year I have only done about one month of real engineering, none of it in the past 7 months. Sales have been slow, hence the lack of work, so they have had me doing the sales schlep. There have been promises to get me on projects but there always seems to be a need for someone to lead a big proposal, I keep getting pinged for it. I hate sales work. I like this company but don't know how much longer I can deal with this.

Things are looking up, going in for the second de-turding of the morning
Heh. Sounds like a "job"...

F**k work.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
turns out storage building lady wouldn't know a total fucking loss if it was in front of her.....frame cleaning sunday.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Why are those frames all in storage, steve? Either way, it's great that they're not toast.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
I have managed the construction and set up of 4 grocery stores in the past 4 years the current one opens Sunday and now I'm on to a medical facility.

It will be so nice to build something more than a square box

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
morning.
The Smash Burger here serves breakfast now. Just ate a cholesterol sammich. now time to pound coffee & edit the shit out of this project so I can get it off my plate.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
A collection of bike like that should be on the wall ready for a ride at all times but glad they are okay.

This was delivered to me today. Hopefully its ready for a ride by tomorrow

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Why are those frames all in storage, steve? Either way, it's great that they're not toast.
the metalhead and sinister were itchy ebay finger wins....the ewr fram was from mtbr classifieds.....the kona...honestly do not remember...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If any of those frames are steel and were exposed to water, spray the inside of them with some WD40 ASAP to prevent rust.

So what happened to the storage unit anyway ?
A can of Fluid Film will do a better job to prevent rust, and it has the added feature of smelling like sheep. I'd still hit it with WD initially to help get any water out.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If any of those frames are steel and were exposed to water, spray the inside of them with some WD40 ASAP to prevent rust.

So what happened to the storage unit anyway ?
the only one that is steel is the ewr.....frames are just covered in a sooty black film from what my brother has said.....how/why the building caught fire...don't know.....

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
the metalhead and sinister were itchy ebay finger wins....the ewr fram was from mtbr classifieds.....the kona...honestly do not remember...
Why buy them to store 'em, though? You don't purge your stuff periodically?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Must gather all the rings frames... my precious