Quantcast

***wednesderp GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I watched Olympus Has Fallen over my last two rain-induced indoor bike workouts. LMAO. Well it served its purpose as a mindless action movie that doesn't require more than one brainwave. It's about on par with the original The Fast and the Furious, which was my last bike trainer movie. Now I wonder if I need to watch White House Down so I can see which one is more likely to happen in real life?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
When I open a work e-mail and a read receipt window pops up, I click NO, because fuck you.
Read Receipts = KILL LIST
I'm sure there used to be an option in Outlook to always ignore them. But Office 365 anything = permanent kill list.

I watched Olympus Has Fallen over my last two rain-induced indoor bike workouts. LMAO. Well it served its purpose as a mindless action movie that doesn't require more than one brainwave. It's about on par with the original The Fast and the Furious, which was my last bike trainer movie. Now I wonder if I need to watch White House Down so I can see which one is more likely to happen in real life?
Add London Has Fallen to your list too.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
After you watch White House Down, might I suggest; Big Game. It has Samuel Jackson, terrorists, gorgeous mountain scenery and a recycled plot..

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Rode a bike for the first time since breaking myself off at Sea Otter. It was good. Did 9 miles on the road to a local beer bar and back. Almost fought a guy in the street in front of his wife and kids. Dude jumped out of his brodozer to freak out because I waved my arms at him cause he wasn't paying attention.

Good first ride back all in all :rofl:

It's bigger than I expected.
That's what she said?

That’s the thing, though. Get a new bike and then bomb some trails.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Had an appointment for my oldest this morning at 8:30, and the school picnic and end of year "show" in the afternoon. So I took the whole day off and went for a ride in between. It was hot as balls, and I felt rushed so I didn't really take any breaks. Turned into a sufferfest, and I managed to be late for the show and missed my youngest sons dance number and "graduation" ceremony from kindergarten... now I'm completely gassed and lying on the couch. Not a successful day all in all.

Oh and I saw a bear out on the trail. Scared the bejesus out of it, and it scared the hell out of me! I thought it was a deer rustling in the trees, but then I saw it run away, maybe 20' away. Fun times!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
spent most of the day working on final details of a show that opens tomorrow and hanging with the artist-illustrator and children's book author tony diterlizzi. his work is super cool, and he is in person as well. headed out to dinner with him now and then press preview and opening tomorrow. https://diterlizzi.com/

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh bend me the fuck over. My 03 F350s wiring harness is shot. $700 in parts and $3000 in labor because of all the shit that has to be removed and reinstalled after the new harness is installed. Wifey said no way we can take on another 3700 in debt so now to find someone who wants a 2003 F350 4x4 crew cab diesel long bed with upgraded front and rear antisway bars air bags, camper tie downs, trailer superhitch . 19.5 wheels with brand new M+S, G rated tires, leer cab high camper shell for $5000 after we do the repair or less if they want to do it themselves
IMG_20190601_125524094.jpg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear, Eric. Sounds like a good deal for some camper-hungry-monkey?

Managed to take my fanny-pack-clad-arse to the trails tonight. 70F/85% humidity when I finished, cloudy, dark as fuck.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sorry to hear, Eric. Sounds like a good deal for some camper-hungry-monkey?
Going to be tough to unload a SRW diesel 1 ton with 19.5" wheels, I am guessing. It is a beast which may well make sense but won't check some peoples' boxes.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Portable Pizza Oven is no longer Portable. It is permanently in my buddies backyard now. I sold the trailer to my Ex's Brother for $1500. We tiled up his workshop in the Garage to make a prep area with the money from the trailer. Put in a fridge and a gas stove also. Pavers and raised bed garden installed. His Mom bought him a Pear tree. They needed a crane to get it over the fence. The neighbors came over. He made them pizzas, I made them baked chicken parm with Brocoli Rahb. It was lets say a little well done... He made them pizzas. He was so proud. It was awesome. Kids loved it. I cleaned up on dice. $66 in Singles.. Their neighbors Parakeet landed on one of the Girls. She was happy to get her back. Had a six way baseball catch session with the kids. Pinged off some flyballs and grounders for the kids. They gotta learn somehow. Tiny aluminum bats left handed... Bike clinic tomorrow.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Oh bend me the fuck over. My 03 F350s wiring harness is shot. $700 in parts and $3000 in labor because of all the shit that has to be removed and reinstalled after the new harness is installed. Wifey said no way we can take on another 3700 in debt so now to find someone who wants a 2003 F350 4x4 crew cab diesel long bed with upgraded front and rear antisway bars air bags, camper tie downs, trailer superhitch . 19.5 wheels with brand new M+S, G rated tires, leer cab high camper shell for $5000 after we do the repair or less if they want to do it themselvesView attachment 135102
That's a bum deal for sure. Is it a cab off repair?

And you should be able to sell that thing no problem. Definitely someone out there who either doesn't mind replacing the wiring harness, or will part out the truck and harvest the motor; gotta imagine a decent condition 7.3 is worth a good chunk of change by itself.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Oh bend me the fuck over. My 03 F350s wiring harness is shot. $700 in parts and $3000 in labor because of all the shit that has to be removed and reinstalled after the new harness is installed. Wifey said no way we can take on another 3700 in debt so now to find someone who wants a 2003 F350 4x4 crew cab diesel long bed with upgraded front and rear antisway bars air bags, camper tie downs, trailer superhitch . 19.5 wheels with brand new M+S, G rated tires, leer cab high camper shell for $5000 after we do the repair or less if they want to do it themselvesView attachment 135102
Bummer.

If I were just a little closer, I would very very seriously consider this. In fact, how much if I take it as is?