Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
This is going to be weird because there is a good chance I'll start this job working remote having never met a coworker in person. I don't know how that's all going to work, but we'll figure it out.
Same, except replace "good chance" with "utmost certainty". That said, my last job was 100% remote and I only met my boss and co-workers a handful of times. And for this job, the team is already geographically distributed with a couple people in the Denver area, one person in STL, the director in Chicago, and another designer in Minneapolis. It'll be fine, I'm sure.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Btw I accepted the new job offer. Now I have to pass a background check and pee test. Hopefully with the latter they do not screen for sugar intake. :panic: New job told me not to quit my old job until I get the "all clear" which should take a couple of days.
It took mine to clear weeks after I had already started the new gig.
Are we taking bets on first job related FTS?
:mad::rant::(

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
There's talks of partial furlough, which they did back in '08. Not gonna lie, it's not terrible having every Friday off for a slight paycut. 4 day work week FTW.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

So the wife kept seeing articles about meat plants shutting down and possible shortages, so I figured a run to Cash and Carry was in order. Wow, there was a 2 item meat limit and it was blown out of almost everything. No ribs of any kind, no brisket, no ribeye, I got 2 of the last slabs of NY Strip and got out of there. There were a few tri tip left, but that was it.

While there I got onion rings, battered mushrooms, and mozz sticks to air fry. Great success on the crap. Got 16 1.5" steaks, a few thinner ones to play with and 6 left as big roast size for other stuffs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Btw I accepted the new job offer. Now I have to pass a background check and pee test. Hopefully with the latter they do not screen for sugar intake. :panic: New job told me not to quit my old job until I get the "all clear" which should take a couple of days.
Also check to see what confidentiality or non compete shit they may want prior to quitting. A friend recently got surprised after moving cross country then being asked to sign an oppressive non compete statement.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Spoke to my VP of 18 years this morning. He's the guy who originally hired me and retired to per diem status a few months ago. He told me to expect my current boss to counteroffer, so it'll be interesting to see what that might look like. They've been dangling a position upgrade in front of my face for several years now, so fuck them if they do it now because I am resigning. I essentially told that to VP, and he is pissed that never got done. It might be some good leverage though to squeeze a few more bucks out of the new place.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Afternoon Monkeys.

So the wife kept seeing articles about meat plants shutting down and possible shortages, so I figured a run to Cash and Carry was in order. Wow, there was a 2 item meat limit and it was blown out of almost everything. No ribs of any kind, no brisket, no ribeye, I got 2 of the last slabs of NY Strip and got out of there. There were a few tri tip left, but that was it.

While there I got onion rings, battered mushrooms, and mozz sticks to air fry. Great success on the crap. Got 16 1.5" steaks, a few thinner ones to play with and 6 left as big roast size for other stuffs.
My chest freezer has been full since before quarantine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Spoke to my VP of 18 years this morning. He's the guy who originally hired me and retired to per diem status a few months ago. He told me to expect my current boss to counteroffer, so it'll be interesting to see what that might look like. They've been dangling a position upgrade in front of my face for several years now, so fuck them if they do it now because I am resigning. I essentially told that to VP, and he is pissed that never got done. It might be some good leverage though to squeeze a few more bucks out of the new place.
Shit or get off the pot.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My chest freezer has been full since before quarantine.
We have a stand up single door freezer in the garage, but we have a tiny ghetto fridge in the house that we have talked about replacing for a half decade now. I cleaned out the garage freezer and organized it. With the NY I got yesterday, we are now set on meat for a while.

Fresh produce and junk food is what we go through pretty quick with this WFH business. We were going to do pork chops tonight and the wife decided pot pies were less work. :rofl:

So takeout once or twice a week to support locals and crazy 3 meal a day planning.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
FTS

If they actually cared and appreciated what you were doing, they would have made it so you didn't entertain the thoughts of going somewhere else in the first place. Tell them to pack sand.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
FTS

If they actually cared and appreciated what you were doing, they would have made it so you didn't entertain the thoughts of going somewhere else in the first place. Tell them to pack sand.
:stupid:

I hate when they do that. "Oh, you want to leave? How about a slightly better offer so we feel better about it?'

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Decided to go the self haircut route, went with the largest two guards I have to maintain the ability to repair any disasters. Not great, but better than the before picture.