Quantcast

weds gfmt

gonefirefightin

free wieners
its amazing how the prices have dropped on super automatics. is that unit serviceable?
Yep, I guess it is the go-to machine these days for small cafes and such

Second vote for Jura. We have the “low end” E4 with none of the milk attachment stuff. Good coffee - not “best I’ve ever had” level, but very good. Super easy to use and very clear maintenance guidelines / instructions.
I like my jura, but it is in storage, and will more than likely stick it in the AZ or FL house

We splurged a bit back when my wife was a coffee drinker. We had a KRUPS prior and it was good until it died. The jura is far better. I don't use any of the milk attachments, but it makes a mean cup of coffee or espresso, and time from "I need coffee" to "I have coffee" is about 3-5 minutes. I'm sure there are far better cups out there, but you've got to have a separate grinder, tamper, coffee maker/teapot to get it...then you have to clean it all. The superautomatics do it all for you. I use just what the jura requires- which is expensive and fancy filters and cleaning tabs, but it's been worth it IMO. I hope it will last for another 5.
I have a very nice machine (cant remember the brand but its red and italian) for the house but its simply too big for an RV application, I figured I can buy the phillips and use it and perfect it on the house counter top before using it on the road. Need to build the RV first but like the fact I will have plenty of time to perfect the machine before I get the new rig on the road.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
you have 3 + 1 in progress houses?

@kidwoo where is the outrage
The property in AZ is the lowest of priorities, situated 15 minutes from the Mexican border, will build it out around 1k square feet, currently searching for a small fixer in the keys since it is nearly impossible to build new there since ROGO constraints are tightening, the property next to your pops is still in the county approval stages and will take another 6 months at least before I can start building. The river house is going to be sold very shortly to pay for the other builds.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I feel so ghetto with my $18 Mr. Coffee from BiMart. :rofl:

It does have the mesh filter so I'm not using paper. I grind my beans at the store (WinCo Rocket Java).

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I feel so ghetto with my $18 Mr. Coffee from BiMart. :rofl:

It does have the mesh filter so I'm not using paper. I grind my beans at the store (WinCo Rocket Java).
After realizing I was spending at least 1400 bucks a year on supporting baristas, It was apparent I could justify a machine or two for at least a grand a piece. The fully automatics have come a long way in recent years and are really no different than making drip anymore.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
After realizing I was spending at least 1400 bucks a year on supporting baristas, It was apparent I could justify a machine or two for at least a grand a piece. The fully automatics have come a long way in recent years and are really no different than making drip anymore.
Considering Starbucks went full auto years ago should say something. My coffee is hot, black as night, and strong enough to show on a pee test. I have the same beans at work, but we have a fancy single shooter that works.

PXL_20240103_190653938.jpg

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
florida and arizona?

GFF has my sympathies

betcha your 2 are worth more :D
two different worlds ma boy, In this retired life I would rather have a few smaller places such as one on each coast and something in the middle, and travel betwixt them all in the RV through the seasons than have one or two big guns, besides, I do not work, no commute and family is raised and gone. Toshi9.0 has jobz, commutes, and kidz and most importantly mortgages, I have none of those

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
two different worlds ma boy, In this retired life I would rather have a few smaller places such as one on each coast and something in the middle, and travel betwixt them all in the RV through the seasons than have one or two big guns, besides, I do not work, no commute and family is raised and gone. Toshi9.0 has jobz, commutes, and kidz and most importantly mortgages, I have none of those
he's the one stirring this shit up, I couldn't care less

I give him shit because he owns two houses, drives between them regularly, rents one out on a market that destroys communities, and then acts like only republicans do bad wasteful and greedy things, while he's saving the world by voting for the other people and riding an ebike around town.

you asked for it toshi :D

gonefirefightin

free wieners
he's the one stirring this shit up, I couldn't care less

I give him shit because he owns two houses, drives between them regularly, rents one out on a market that destroys communities, and then acts like only republicans do bad wasteful and greedy things, while he's saving the world by voting for the other people and riding an ebike around town.

you asked for it toshi :D
He seems to have a pretty good thing going and dig his situation, wish I was that smart at his age.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Found a 14'x55' storage unit today, should be able to consolidate all my turds in one bundle for the duration of erections and musical chairs. Not looking forward to laborious efforts to follow but will be nice to have everything in one spot for a change and have room for random bargains of stuff for the building projects

1704338651807.png

Going to cover one wall with tote shelving