Quantcast

Week vacation with the family this summer where to go?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
i've got a buddy who grew up in Rockport. his wedding was there, that was a good time. I could see how there would be good riding.
Corson, yes? I think I've heard this before. He may have name dropped the Bubbas before - a well known :headbang:influence on many young riders who've come up thru the area.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
There are no Sharks in Maine. The people are weird also. I would avoid the water is so cold your nuts recede state at all costs. After you make it to Portland for the Naked Doughnut shop turn around there isn't much else to see.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Much disappoint - not at all what I was expecting.
If you take the Peter Pan Bus from Boston to Portland. You can Masturbate as soon as cross the Mass/ NH state line with no restrictions whatsoever. I buy 2 tickets so nobody can masturbate next to me. I don't want to find out what happens if you cross swords in the confines of a Interstate bus trip.... The same applies for Tent Camping in any of Maines State Parks except it will most likely be a Bear who busts a nut on your tent while you are sleeping. If you don't cheer them on they will maul you and your youngest child after they bust a nut on your tent and the contents of your cooler. Be careful up there.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
If you take the Peter Pan Bus from Boston to Portland. You can Masturbate as soon as cross the Mass/ NH state line with no restrictions whatsoever. I buy 2 tickets so nobody can masturbate next to me. I don't want to find out what happens if you cross swords in the confines of a Interstate bus trip.... The same applies for Tent Camping in any of Maines State Parks except it will most likely be a Bear who busts a nut on your tent while you are sleeping. If you don't cheer them on they will maul you and your youngest child after they bust a nut on your tent and the contents of your cooler. Be careful up there.
:eek::eek::eek:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I used to go in it all the time as a kid - we'd go kneeboarding and jump off lobsterboat wake. As an adult? NOPE. Freshwater swimming holes are somewhat warmer although I am pemanently scarred by memories of freezing 7:00AM summer swim lessons in them.

If you choose to putz around and drive up the coast, once you get past Portland, there's cool towns/places on the various peninsulas. Reid State Park, just past Bath, has a nice beach. Boothbay has an aquarium and a railway museum that kids like.

There's a nice little beach at Pemaquid (the lighthouse is cool too and rocks there are fun to climb on). And nearby is the Rachel Carson Tidal Pool and the ferries that leave out of New Harbor for seal and puffin watch trips and Monhegan Island, which is fun to explore for the day. Also in the area is the Granite Hall Store in Round Pond, which has penny candy, ice cream, etc. Kids love it. We end up walking down there every night when we visit my parents. You can get lobster off the dock right there too.

Camden has Mount Batty to hike up and a touristy downtown.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I used to go in it all the time as a kid - we'd go kneeboarding and jump off lobsterboat wake. As an adult? NOPE. Freshwater swimming holes are somewhat warmer although I am pemanently scarred by memories of freezing 7:00AM summer swim lessons in them.
someone has their sissy pants on. i make sure i get in the ocean at least once when i visit.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
You can now ride around Baxter State Park all on dirt roads if you are into that type of riding. The land parcel to the East of the Park is called Katahdin Woods & Water and it has free public access. You can ride up the Baxter park Loop rd and right after you exit the gate in the north, you can hang a left and ride back down the other side of the East Branch of the Penobscot river. It is about 100 miles depending on which way you go. I have done it a few different ways and can provide a GPS file if anyone wants it.

The Katahdin Woods and Water area would be a great place to also do some backcountry bike packing.