Quantcast

Weekend at Windrock Photos

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
whoa. everything looks alot different from when i was last there. is that 2nd picture part of a new trail or something. dont remember ever riding anything there that was like that.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Sweet shots !
That one of Doug in the waterfall is great.
It's a wonder you got him, as fast as he was going through there !

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Nothing to see hear move along!

Nothing of interest get back to work!

Awesome shots!

Doug,
I have a whole sequence of you going through the waterfall pretty sick.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
spoke80 said:
Nothing to see hear move along!

Nothing of interest get back to work!

Awesome shots!

Doug,
I have a whole sequence of you going through the waterfall pretty sick.
You got my email addy, send them along and I'll link them off my webspace to here.

First pic: Eeeewwww, I'm glad I never get a good look at the water and sludge in that creek.

Second pic: Terry's not using enough of his 888 travel. :nope: and I'm lurking the background getting ready to pounce!

Third pic: Ripping!

4th pic: Exit!

5th pic: Notice the front/rear brake modulation. Nice use of brakes Terry.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I was feeling like a Hotrod instead of a Sprocket. Actually I am affraid to scratch it its so new. Plus I love the feel of my old one, the padding is all molded to my noodle. I wear the new one soon enough I guess.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
is that first pic just a rock garden then drop to flat? :eek:.....scary in a race. i don't mind drops to flat when i'm just out tooling around....but in a race course it freaks me out. mad props! :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
no it's a stack of rocks similar to stairsteps. It's not a drop at all...I rode my top tube down that whole section one race. Somebody got it on film. Doug popping the front wheel up off it. It's like landing off a concrete planter. Look in the DH forum at the sequence of it that Doug posted

flow

Chimp
May 6, 2003
Vancouver
So I thought I would resurrect a 4 year old thread.

Hope you boys are doing well. A crew of us are thinking we miss Windrock and would like to come for a visit over Easter.

Y'all still ride bikes or what? :)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
So I thought I would resurrect a 4 year old thread.

Hope you boys are doing well. A crew of us are thinking we miss Windrock and would like to come for a visit over Easter.

Y'all still ride bikes or what? :)
yep we are still here and you wont recognize the place. We have so many new trails. It would be so good to see you Canucks again.

cmscheip

Chimp
Mar 1, 2009
Did Windrock get any rain today? Some buds and I are thinking of heading out tomorrow, Friday, but don't want to go out in the slop.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I did some trail work yesterday and I would say the rocks will be really slick still and its supposed to rain all day on Saturday. I wouldn't drive 15 minutes to ride the mtn. let alone 2.5 hrs.