Quantcast

Weeknight JMP shuttles

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Is any one down like mon tues or wed 1 night a week to start running shuttles there. Meet up at like 6, ride till dark. I have a truck that seats 6 and holds 6 bikes. I'm tying to get a weekly thing going

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
hmmm...

I may be able to swing it next week. I'll get back to you.

Last time I rode JMP the bushes really needed to be clipped in a few spots.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Same reason anyone shuttles JMP at all: Too lazy to pedal and/or they're riding a DH bike on AM trails.

Just sayin'.
I'm just sayin' that the last few times I've been on chaparral I passed hikers headed uphill and after I finished cursing, cause they got me off line and all out of rhythm, I was wondering WTF they were doing walking up such a fvcked up trail. It can't really be fun to walk up all those water bars.

PS: Chaparral is pretty heavy for an AM trail

Dhelihiker

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
Way too many hikers at JMP to go fast. If you hurt someone you will be sued and East Gay Parks would have the reason they so desperately want to not allow any bikers.

just my
$.02

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Way too many hikers at JMP to go fast. If you hurt someone you will be sued and East Gay Parks would have the reason they so desperately want to not allow any bikers.

just my
$.02
I've been riding there for years, if you don't go on a saturday or sunday you see hikers, but you don't have to worry about it. That the shuttle spot for a big chunk of the east bay, that trail sees allot of fast guys, never heard of an accident

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

just my
$.02
I usually go there on Saturdays, FYI JMP is not East Bay Regional, it's owned by the City of Oakland. That's why there is SOME legal singletrack

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I've been riding there for years, if you don't go on a saturday or sunday you see hikers, but you don't have to worry about it. That the shuttle spot for a big chunk of the east bay, that trail sees allot of fast guys, never heard of an accident
Maybe during the day. Head up there after normal work hours and there are tons of people out there. And a friend of mine is a local, he's heard of plenty of accidents. There's just no budget for enforcement out there.

And Rockofullr, seriously? You don't understand why a hiker would use a public trail for a hard workout? You're upset a hiker messed up your rhythm? Do you have any idea how self-centered that sounds?

Different people do different things on public trails. If you want tolerance for bikes you need to be more tolerant of the things other people do out there. Riding bikes in the woods isn't "fun" for some people...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Comeon now I was just bitchin'

I don't mind hikers on the trail. I'm always polite and make sure to ride at a speed which allows me to stop or avoid hikers, dogs, etc. Personally I love hiking and have been a backpacker and hiker for longer than I have been biking.

I was just making an observation that chaparral seems like a sh!tty trail to hike on. My opinion, obviously not everyone agrees.

BTW:The cursing isn't directed at the hikers it's directed at the water bars bouncing me all over the place.