Quantcast

Weight of the Demo 7 I, Enduro SX trail I and Perp 2?

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
demo 7 i think there's a few threads here somewhere.

I recall something like 41.5 for the demo 7

sx's are ~39-40 out of the box

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
I finished building my Demo 7 1 last night and took 'er for a quick spin. As of now the only non stock parts are the saddle (WTB Laser V DH) and pedals (Wellgo WAM B-67) and it's pretty heavy (I am upgrading the bars/grips and casette shortly). However, I can tell you that it feels freakin' amazing. The travel feels bottomless yet it still pedals really well. Check out the link below. Hope this helps man.

http://blogs.nsmb.com/team/archives/2006/09/demo-7-first-ride/

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA

None of those bikes are relatively light, however, the SX and Perp should be much more versatile. You can obviously race track with the Demo 7 if you wanted to, but IMHO it is a dedicated downhill bike.

That weight is for a small, my large was only a few ounces heavier.

bElliott

Chimp
Sep 5, 2006
if you can race with a demo 7 than you can definitely race a perp

test rode a perp travel is literally infinite

also tested a demo 7 vs. demo 8. strabgely the 7 felt "deeper"

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
SXT's are fairly heavy in dh/fr builds. I have a small 07, w/06 66 rc2x, TI rear spring, DT 6.1d rims on Hugi fr hubs, nevegal 2.5s w/dh tubes, thompson seatpost w/sdg rl ti saddle, diablous 30mm stem, 31.8 protapers, e13, middleburn 165, SKF fr600 bb, ringle mag pedals, xtr 8spd steel cas., short x9 r der, x7 8spd shifter, pc58 chain, juicy 7's 8"rotors, ck hs, ruffian lock-ons. it comes in at 39lbs

bikerjohn

Chimp
Aug 12, 2004
Geneva Ohio
Dude, quickneonrt, I rode your bike at Ray's last saturday.

I don't think I'm going with the Perp because it has 18" chainstays.
It's between the Demo and SX now.
Bottom line I like the Demo more, much better build kit, not to much worried about the weight anymore.

I would have to swap to many parts on the SX I think, fork, cranks, etc. I wouldn't change anything on the Demo besides maybe the tires, bar, just a few things to lighten it up.

Which one would you guys say would be better for north shore, drops, pretty much going big?

I'd like to learn to 360 and backflip off of drops and I also will be doing a little DH racing this year.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
haha.
I don't want dual crown, I'd go with a better 66 or a Travis. if I got the SX.
I would go with 66 or totem coil, I'm not a fan of manitou at all.

The SXT is a great bike, I don't ride my Demo9 anymore because of it and I liked the d9 alot. If you want to try racing then the d7 or d8 would probably be a little better but the sxt would be better for everything else. It is very easy to throw around. Racing wise it also depends how smooth a rider you are. I find with the 66 I have to be pickier with my lines, the sc tends to be a little twitchier than the dc of my 888.
Get the sxt w/a sc and when you want to race put a dc on it. best of both worlds.:thumb:

bikerjohn

Chimp
Aug 12, 2004
Geneva Ohio
How is it that the SX weighs so much, I mean only like 1.5 less then the Demo?
I'd think there would be more of a difference either way, either the Demo would weigh more or the SX would weigh less.

I don't really have the dough to buy a new bike and a new DC fork.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
If you are racing and doing more NS stuff, I would go with the Demo. I love my Enduro and ride it a lot more than my D9 now too, but for the big stuff I would always pick the Demo. Much better at speed, and having the extra travel is nice. You can take the spacer out on the D7 to give it almost 8 inches of travel if you like too.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
If you are racing and doing more NS stuff, I would go with the Demo. I love my Enduro and ride it a lot more than my D9 now too, but for the big stuff I would always pick the Demo. Much better at speed, and having the extra travel is nice. You can take the spacer out on the D7 to give it almost 8 inches of travel if you like too.
I actually find my sxt better at speed on open fast stuff and tight singletrack but the d9 is faster through the really rough stuff.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I actually find my sxt better at speed on open fast stuff and tight singletrack but the d9 is faster through the really rough stuff.
Yeah, I agree that the tight singletrack would be much better for the SXT. Personally I feel a lot more confident in the fast sections because of the big wheelbase and nice Caddy ride. Hey there's no right or wrong, just personal preference though.