Quantcast

weird stuff you see driving around

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This morning on my drive in, where there is normally a speed trap on 287S, there was a cop car. But the cop wasn't in the car. He was like 30 feet away poking around the edge of the trees with a stick. It didn't seem like he was looking for something, just poking around. His car was setup for the speed trap to boot.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I used to have a radar detector in my car, and sometimes it would start flying off the hook, so I'd slow down and sure enough there was an officer up ahead, but he wasn't even looking at the cars going by, he was just looking down and doing paperwork or something. I think a lot of times they just set up like that to slow traffic down and give people the willies, even if they aren't pulling people over.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
No pics unfortunately...

But the other day on the freeway, I saw a guy who was at least 300+ pounds on a small motorcycle, holding onto his groceries with one hand (plastic bags). I got away from him.

Then, a car passes me and I notice that the trunk lid is gone and the entire rear end is smashed up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A few years ago I was in Maine with my family on vacation during the summer. We were in a very rural area (most of Maine). And in someone's front yard I saw an old VW van. But this wasn't just any VW van. It had about a 4 foot lift, 36" tractor tires, pontoons on both sides, and an outboard motor on the back.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
On one of my road rides up Azusa Canyon I saw a monster truck towing a monster truck with a quad in the back heading up to the OHV area.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I saw a Missouri Hwy maintenance truck dragging a deer carcass down the shoulder of I-70. I guess the guys didn't want to pick it up and throw it in the empty dump truck bed.
Dude, you are from Missouri ... you should know he's just gettin' it good and tender fer eatin'.