Quantcast

Welcome to the internet... now bow to me.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
LordOpie said:
God, I've never actually seen someone use that..

I think you've spent a little too long on your computer - time to go outside and interact with humans... :D

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
#15 is hitting pretty close to home right now...

15) Never get comfortable and arrogant behind your supposed mask of anonymity. Don't be surprised when your name, address, and home phone number get thrown back in your smug face. Hell, some of us will snail-mail you a printed satellite photograph of your house to drive the point home. Realize that you are powerless if this happens ... it's all public information, and information is our stock and trade.

I am a Graphic Artist who also works in 3d. I belong to a 3D forum. Some guy by the name "Lord Greywolf" in Florida is 'sampling' artists' work and selling them, with no nod whatsoever to the original artists. He even ripped off H.R. Giger!!!!

We have found out his name, where he works, where he lives, his picture, other internet addresses..... and it is all being used right now......

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=160033&page=7&pp=15

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Yahoo Sued over Message Board Posts

The plaintiff, a lawyer named Stephen Galton, claims that he registered for Yahoo message boards earlier this year after a learning about a derogatory post about one of his clients. When he posted a response under the screen name "stephengalton," other board users began to attack him as an "overly robust geezer that makes a living walking behind the elephant with a shovel."

An attorney has sued Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO) , charging the portal didn't do enough to help him stop personal attacks against him on its message boards. He hopes to make the suit a class action.
Stephen Galton, a corporate lawyer in Los Angeles, California, filed suit on Wednesday. Galton claims the Internet company has protected people who have posted potentially defamatory comments while falsely claiming that it monitors boards to prevent such abuse.

"We are declining to comment on this lawsuit," Yahoo spokesperson Mary Osako told the E-Commerce Times.

More