Quantcast

Well done Marz

b16 lag

Chimp
Jul 17, 2007
london, uk
So i lift my bike up the other day to turn it upside down and my hand got covered in oil from the back of the fork stanchion. Turns out the nickel plating was coming off the stanchion on my 888 WC. I took them back to my lbs where they were bought from and within a week they were back to me with two brand new stanchions and fully serviced. No fuss and no moaning.

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
meanwhile....i got some new hayes brakes for my manitou last year.

long story short, after a month of being on the phone with these douchebags, i ended up taking a hayes mount and machining it to fit correctly. coincidentally, about a month after that all the oil leaked out of the fork.

this year, i'm going back to basics with a shiver. that fork is butter

b16 lag

Chimp
Jul 17, 2007
london, uk
Sorry to hear that man. I have nothing but good words to say about marzocchi. Years ago i had a set of bomber z2's on my hardtail and the seals blew. Not only did Marz replace them quickly and efficiently, they also gave me the next model up, the bomber Z1

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
Sorry to hear that man. I have nothing but good words to say about marzocchi. Years ago i had a set of bomber z2's on my hardtail and the seals blew. Not only did Marz replace them quickly and efficiently, they also gave me the next model up, the bomber Z1
2 words: reading comprehension

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
ha! sorry to cause some confusion...
bottom line is i will only ride a marzocchi unless i find some other fork for free. like in the dumpster.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I Have nothing but good to say about Marzocchi either. Excellent CS, wonderfull people to talk to on the phone, always fast with thre work, and for as much crap as they do, they keep problems to an absolute minimum. I also wont ride anything other than a Marzocchi, between the companies CS and the durability of the product There is no other way to go.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
meanwhile....i got some new hayes brakes for my manitou last year.

i ended up taking a hayes mount and machining it to fit correctly. coincidentally, about a month after that all the oil leaked out of the fork.
Just a curious question, what Fork, and what size brakes were you fitting? And where did the oil leak out of?