Quantcast

Well hello there...

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
It's good to see today's youth knowing where to splurge and where to skimp.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
Hell no. I even sent a pint back once because they served it to me in a frozen glass.

There were fukkin' ice chunks floating around in my beer the glass was so cold. :mumble:
I get annoyed when a restaurant serves beer in ice coated glasses. You can't taste the beer when it's that cold. Not to mention when the glass warms up, you get melted ice all over your table. :mumble: :p

BTW -SS-, dude it's like 3:00 AM when you posted that. WTF?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I don't care what any of you say. :eviltongu :eviltongu

I've had Sierra at just about every temperature and for me nothing beats an icy cold one straight from a cooler filled with ice. It's probably because I associate it with many "THIS IS THE BEST BEER EVER!"s after long hot rides.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
OGRipper said:

I've had Sierra at just about every temperature and for me nothing beats an icy cold one straight from a cooler filled with ice. It's probably because I associate it with many "THIS IS THE BEST BEER EVER!"s after long hot rides.
I agree. I like beer, don't get me wrong. I'll drink it anytime. But I really only truly enjoy it after a long ride, ice-cold out of the cooler, especially while camping.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
OGRipper said:

Hell - some people say that ice cold Bud is great after a long hot ride. I'd personally rather have a nice big glass of ice water. :p

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
jdschall said:
I agree. I like beer, don't get me wrong. I'll drink it anytime. But I really only truly enjoy it after a long ride, ice-cold out of the cooler, especially while camping.
Beer after a long ride is good...but to say you only truly enjoy it then...that's rough. I love a nice porter when having a steak dinner...

And I truly enjoy a beer anytime after (or during) work.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
SkaredShtles said:
Steak should be always be accompanied by:

<snip>

What kind of heathen are you? :D
You are a beer n00b

Edit: Can you please reduce the size of your pictures? Compensating for something?

Also..next time you have a steak, see if you can't muster one of these up...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dogwonder said:
You are a beer n00b

Edit: Can you please reduce the size of your pictures? Compensating for something?

Also..next time you have a steak, see if you can't muster one of these up...

I don't like Porters. So why would I ruin a perfectly good steak dinner with one? :p

And the pic is just an image link from somewhere on the web. Blame them. :D

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
SkaredShtles said:
I don't like Porters. So why would I ruin a perfectly good steak dinner with one? :p

And the pic is just an image link from somewhere on the web. Blame them. :D
Why blame them when I can blame you? When you go to the GABF, try some porters. If you can't find one there you like, you are forever a beer n00b.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
OGRipper said:
Meanwhile where is Chico with a report of grad night?

Is he (A) still going, (B) face down in a bucket of puke, or (C) sleeping it off?

Ah yes, The beauty of grad night.

Drank 6 pales, then proceeded to drink about half the makers, Then I fell asleep at 3 completely plowed. Woke up at five thirty, drank the remaining six beers and ate breakfast. I still got a case for tonight bitches...

*we were camping BTW*

MMMM......Hangovers......:oink:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
SkaredShtles said:
You can do porters and I'll continue with the IPAs. Dude - here are the list of participating breweries. No WAY you can do different styles. You gotta pick one to have *any* chance.

http://www.beertown.org/events/gabf/pdf/beerlist.pdf
If you did IPA's last year, why not try something else? Do barleywines and we'll mop you up at the end of the day. :D

I would do different styles, I'm making my list of hard to get yet popular brews and it's all over the board, super IPA's (Russian River), Harvest Ales (Sierra Nevada), Dopplebocks (Capital), Barleywines (Great Divide). Not to mention I want to try the spread on certain breweries we don't get out here...Alesmith, Three Floyds, Hair of the Dog, Pizza Port.

I should book my hotel now...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dogwonder said:
If you did IPA's last year, why not try something else? Do barleywines and we'll mop you up at the end of the day. :D
I did IPAs, Imperial IPAs and double IPAs last year. :dead: I do IPA because that's what I like. :D

I would do different styles, I'm making my list of hard to get yet popular brews and it's all over the board, super IPA's (Russian River), Harvest Ales (Sierra Nevada), Dopplebocks (Capital), Barleywines (Great Divide). Not to mention I want to try the spread on certain breweries we don't get out here...Alesmith, Three Floyds, Hair of the Dog, Pizza Port.

I should book my hotel now...
I tried the "try everything" approach the first year I went. Never again. Try to find Great Divide's Hercules Double IPA. Good stuff.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
chicodude said:
Ah yes, The beauty of grad night.

Drank 6 pales, then proceeded to drink about half the makers, Then I fell asleep at 3 completely plowed. Woke up at five thirty, drank the remaining six beers and ate breakfast. I still got a case for tonight bitches...

*we were camping BTW*

MMMM......Hangovers......:oink:
lucky. all that was available tonight was natty ice, pabst, and caldwells. :dead: my sister decided to go really cheap tonight i guess.