Quantcast

Well I just got Forza Motorsport....

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
Well I just got Forza Motorsport and have yet to play it. I have seen screens and read reviews and I hope to soon have a review of my own.

I'll have a in depth review for yall in around 5-6 hours. I want to get some decent time with the game before I right a review.

Well I'll tell yall all about it in a few hours!

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
Well after playing GT4 for an extensive amount of time I would have to say that it is not even in the same class of Forza Motorsport!

Forza Motorsport blows away GT4 in almost every aspect. I'm am not saying that GT4 sucks, by no means am I saying that. It's just that Forza Motorsport is such a more refined and complete game. The graphics engine used for this game is amazing. The tracks are full of detail, the cars sparkle and shine.

Now lets get to the meat of the issue...... HOW DOES IT PLAY??
It plays great, the physics enigne that Microsoft developed is bar far the most impressive that I have ever expereinced. Every little thing that you do to your car affects it's performence in some way. Take driving into a wall at 70 MPH, in most other games you would just bounce off the wall and nothing would happen. NOT so in this game. If you hit the wall the first thing to happen is that you slow down cossiderabaly, and then you lose control of the car. Once you are able to regain control of the car you notice that the car "leans" to a certain direction depending on how you hit the wall.

Tire pressure,downforce and suspension oh my! Even though I am still unable to fully experience what this game has to offer as of yet, (only a couple of hours play time) the things that you can do to your car is amazing. You can adjust the tire pressure so that your car can "lean" into the corners better, or adjust them so that they will warm up slower so they last longer, the options are limitless. You can also FULLY adjust the way your suspension works, I have yet to do this with my cars do to my limited play time. Down force is also a key feature in this game, the more down force you can achive the more your car is able to perform.

Navigating the game is easy as pie. The menues are easy to read, and easy to navigate. The game loads fairly quikly.... however it would have been nice if the developer would have fully utilized the harddrive, as my many developers don't. It's not that the game loads slow, it's quik enough, but they could have utilized the harddrive a bit more in my opnion. But if this is my only small tinie tiny complaint than so be it, this game has proved itself to be a GREAT game in the first race I chose to do.

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY THAT IS THE QUESTION!

BUY IT! If you are fan of racing games or have any time with the GT series and you liked those games, you need to go out and BUY FORZA MOTORSPORT! Forza Motorsport is the crown jewel of racing games. It deserves all the hype and attention it got. This may just be my intial review but I expect that my final review of this game will be just as good if not better than it has been so far.

So, in conclusion with this long ass review of mine....... I HIGHLY RECOMEND BUYING THIS GAME!

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
The singal player campaign is really good, it easily beats out GT4, I have not been able to try out Live yet, but i can't wait till I can. I belive that there is 300+ cars, all are officially liscened.

I highley recomend getting it. A+ all the way!

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I had some friends on my "friends list" that is playing, and they ended up jumping back to PG2. They said it's definitely cool, but if you just want to pop a game in a race PG2 is better. I still need to evaluate it myself. I played the first GT and tried the second. I didn't seem much point to buy it though. Then 3 and 4 came out. Same shat with the addtion of a number. Needless to say I'll probably buy forza just because it's a new racing game, and I like racing games. Plus I'm getting tire of logging in and seeing all my friends playing it. LOL. I'm still waiting for a Formula 1 game. :angry:

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
well just got it today, my initial thoughts are excellent, its really enjoyable.
physics are good, but not great, really fun though because you have the ability to drift very very easily but they arnt very relistic, well not compared to GTR FIA racing on the PC.
graphics are amazing.
customisation is top notch, theres just so much room for creativity with graphics/decals etc.
gameplay is pretty good as well, very fun, easy to get into.
havnt had a change to play multiplayer so i'll hold judgement on that for now.

to be honest i really wouldnt compare it to GT4 as its not really a full on racing sim, its more like a cross between something like NFSU2 and GT4, but this isnt a bad thing, its a great thing actually.
in my opinion i wouldnt say its better or worse than GT4, it brings you things that GT4 didnt, it fills in the gaps, i think there enough room in everyones game colection for both(considering you have both consoles).

anyway enough typing, i'm off to play it more :thumb: