Quantcast

*))) Well, it's time to start babbling... (((*

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
One "nice" thing about working from home is being able to do the laundry while working. I've got 6-7 loads queued up. I should have some of this shit a week ago.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
BabbleBabbleBabbleBabble

Hi.
I too like many laundry!

Fun ride in rare damp & foggy conditions yesterday, still feeling pretty risk adverse (for me) but riding my lines albeit a little slower.

I have a nice piece of leftover skirt steak for breakfast. It's all downhill after that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Flying solo all week as the wife has headed to the airport.

@Nick we should ride bikes this week if there's ever a day it's not raining.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it seems my younger brother bought some type of bmw motorcycle....not the adventure type....the stripped down type...

Edit: R nine T.....?.....black....

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
waiting on my kids' mtb coach to show him around the local trail system where i dig so that he can lead group rides out here. 5th day of riding in a row. must be some sorta record

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Working from home today and it appears that my mouse has given up the ghost - looks like one of the terminals is corroded. Frack, a day of using the track pad might result in a workplace injury.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Looked at more houses we cannot afford this weekend. So that was fun.

Found out this morning that I'm the new SME about cryogen gas at work. Which is funny since I know literally nothing about cryogen gas.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave:

Looked at more houses we cannot afford this weekend. So that was fun.

Found out this morning that I'm the new SME about cryogen gas at work. Which is funny since I know literally nothing about cryogen gas.

They are gasses

Now you know one mostly incorrect fact about cryogen gasses.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Monday fun day, yay! Starting "Sprint 0" and folks are freaking out. I welcome the organizational changes as it will make things way better. But the old timers who don't care for changes or accountability do not.

Things will shake out over the next few weeks.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Not enough weekend due to working all weekend...

Coffee was not bad this morning at least.

Working from home today and it appears that my mouse has given up the ghost - looks like one of the terminals is corroded. Frack, a day of using the track pad might result in a workplace injury.
Not sure how I feel about these vertical mices.....

Attachments

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
G'mor... afternoon monkeys. Trail maintenance yesterday. First time since leaving NoVA that I've been out (shame on me). Spent all morning "fixing" a section of recently completed trail. Reps for the land owner have decided it all needs to be UTV accessible, in case of emergency; >6 feet wide, top to bottom. :banghead:
Decent ride after, followed by deck beers at the Hideaway

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
cryogen gas
isn't that how the T1000 was created in Terminator 2?

Well, we are south of Boston at the moment, but are looking near the NH border west of here. Lots of $600K up houses, but I'm not made of money.
Embrace California-level debt-to-income ratios! Don't blame me if the cards come falling down, though. :D

/me is not working today. Catching up on academic things/email/programming, ran extra recyclables to the transfer station, washed Land Cruiser, walked around block with mah baby girl to check mail

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
isn't that how the T1000 was created in Terminator 2?

Embrace California-level debt-to-income ratios! Don't blame me if the cards come falling down, though. :D

/me is not working today. Catching up on academic things/email/programming, ran extra recyclables to the transfer station, washed Land Cruiser, walked around block with mah baby girl to check mail
We ran the numbers (again) last night, and even if I were to dump the truck payment, and we carefully budgeted the necessities, we'd be line on line for mortgage + utilities in today's market. Unless we draw down on savings a little each month for a period of years until such time as my income goes up or my wife gets back to work, the math just doesn't work out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We ran the numbers (again) last night, and even if I were to dump the truck payment, and we carefully budgeted the necessities, we'd be line on line for mortgage + utilities in today's market. Unless we draw down on savings a little each month for a period of years until such time as my income goes up or my wife gets back to work, the math just doesn't work out.
have you considered an "only fans" account?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Man... this sucks. I'm sorry to hear your ongoing hassles.

Have you considered moving to the rust belt? :homer:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Wifey's getting ready to leave tomorrow am for 3 days in Palm Springs with her cousin (effectively sister). Me working. Meh.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oof. Yeah, don’t live close to the edge. Embrace your parents’ basement. Redecorate there!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I personally find this example incredibly misleading.
The main concept is what if you are doing it the top way, get to the end and find out the customer really needs a boat.

If doing it the other way, you would likely figure out the water aspect by step 2 or 3 and can change course.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
you should probably have a few kids. that'll help!