Quantcast

Well robdamanii...............................

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I've gone to probably 10 different chiropractors and to be honest only one has been worth a damn. As long as you don't buy into their "maintenance programs" they can sometimes offer some relief.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
GumbaFish said:
Wow, you are kind of a huge ass aren't you?
it's not like he linked to some N8 site...BBC generally is a well-respected source, no?

Professor Ernst said the findings should be seen as a "wake-up call" to the chiropractic profession.

"One way forward is more rigorous clinical trials to test the efficacy of spinal manipulation," he added.

"After all, the treatment is not without risk and chiropractors must demonstrate why it should be a recommendable medical treatment option."
why should this field be treated any differently from other forms treatment, in regards to regulation and scientific scrutiny?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Nice job as always, a$$, considering that Rob had a horrible day in class only to come home to find out his pet had died.

Real slick. Anyone else you can pick on tonight? Maybe someone has a terminal illness or something :rolleyes:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
My wife got a lot of relief from various neck and hip issues she was having after recovering from surgery some time ago. I can personally attest that she is obviously in way better physical and mental shape after a couple of months of treatment.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
more anecdotal: I suffered whiplash in a rockclimbing (bouldering) accident and was in pain plus headaches. The chiro manipulated and after three treatments, I was fine for months. I've also found that yoga helps keep my spine straight and that's cheaper.

As for Rob, sorry to hear of the loss of your loved one bro. A pet isn't just a pet, but a friend, so again, my sympathies.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
narlus said:
it's not like he linked to some N8 site...BBC generally is a well-respected source, no?

why should this field be treated any differently from other forms treatment, in regards to regulation and scientific scrutiny?
I'm not talking about the merits of it as a practice, I'm talking about the presentation of the thread. And mainly the comment about him in school, just kind of being a dick. Yeah I know he's a mod, mods should be a little above the usual bickering on rm :rolleyes:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
for adjustments when something doesnt feel quite right ive found that a chiropractor is quite helpful. not to mention i find that i am very relaxed after im done since everything has just been popped and released from stress for a few moments.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
GumbaFish said:
Don't say such things! Get this man a beer, he has clearly been deprived of the life giving alcohol all men above 21 need to lead normal healthy lives.
Yessss, get this man a beer! My diabolical plan is working...:)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
bluebug32 said:
Nice job as always, a$$, considering that Rob had a horrible day in class only to come home to find out his pet had died.

Real slick. Anyone else you can pick on tonight? Maybe someone has a terminal illness or something :rolleyes:
I had no idea Rob lost a pet, I'm sorry for that. All I did was post sometime about chiropractors. What wrong with that?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
bluebug32 said:
Right...that's why you had to inform Rob that he was wasting his money. I'd hand you a shovel, but there's really no hope for you of getting out of this one:nopity:
Give it right back to him. Tell him that Hope stuff is overpriced, and that Karpiels are Krap. That usually gets him going.

I didn't read the article so I don't have any opinion. But at the very least Rob can know that his career is one that makes other people feel better. Which, to me at least, has more of a point to it than my job. (Computer tech) I don't go for the chiropractoc thing... not my style... but I have not done any real research into it so I can't give Rob crap about it either way.

My condolences on the loss of Rob's friend. I know if I lost one of my kitties I would be hurting.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
bluebug32 said:

I said it MAY BE a waste of money, not it is. Plus I never pick on people with disabilities or illness, nor do I ever wish bad health or a tragic accident for anyone, and that includes Rob. I just like to poke fun and stir the pot.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
HOPE SUCKS!
JAN KARPIEL IS AN ASSHAT!
HOPE SUCKS!
HOPE SUCKS!
HOPE SUCKS!
HOPE SUCKS!
HOPE SUCKS!
HOPE SUCKS!
HOPE SUCKS!

With that out of the way, I will say that not much beats a good back massage after a hard days work.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Ciaran said:
I didn't read the article so I don't have any opinion.
Brilliant! Yet you're still going to post your opinion on the matter, right?

Ciaran said:
But at the very least Rob can know that his career is one that makes other people feel better.
There you go. Awesome!

The power of the placebo is apparently quite powerful.

Beware the modern day witch doctors when you have a real illness.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
maxyedor said:
HOPE SUCKS!
Avy blows
HOPE SUCKS!
Avy blows
HOPE SUCKS!
Avy Blows
HOPE SUCKS!
Avy Blows
HOPE SUCKS!
Avy Blows
HOPE SUCKS!
Avy Blows
HOPE SUCKS!
Avy Blows
HOPE SUCKS!
Avy Blows

With that out of the way, I will say that not much beats a good back massage after a hard days work.
Fixed it for you.:D:D*

*Does not reflect thoughts on hope or avy, even though Karpiels are crap.