Quantcast

Well...The Longhorns lost tonight, but...

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
even with McCoy getting tagged out on the first snap, at least he didn't cry after the game.

What a sucky way to start your career as a quarterback than to be a true freshman taking your first snaps in a championship game.

Hats off to Gilbert for keeping it somewhat close.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So what you are saying is Texas sucks?

Pretty sad when the backwards state of 'Bama can prove it.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
yeah, the horns brought it back when I thought it was all but over, & Gilbert did a hell of a job
What a sucky way to have to learn to play. I'd be stuck on bad calls by myself for the rest of my life if it was me, but I think Mack will likely work that out of him.

Look for him to roll 3 more years. Look for McCoy as a top draft pick.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
yeah, the horns brought it back when I thought it was all but over, & Gilbert did a hell of a job
:stupid:

Gilbert came up in the 2nd half. I actually started pulling for him. It was a great game for sure. When McCoy went out, I thought the Tide was just going to crush. The last 5 minutes was just pure inexperience.

I think Gilbert will have a hell of a next season with this game under his belt.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
That alone make McCoy better than Tebow in my book. And Im a very avid Texas hater. USC ftw.
So you're saying The fact that Tebow is pationate enough to be upset after a loss makes McCoy the better qb? Tuck Fexas and McCoy ... It is unfortunate that McCoy was injured then maybe the game would have been interesting enough for me to stay awake during

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It is unfortunate that McCoy was injured then maybe the game would have been interesting enough for me to stay awake during
Too bad you didn't keep watching. It got pretty interesting midway through the 4th when that poor backup got a little confidence, started making great passes and brought it within 3. It was an impressive performance. Too bad about that sack/fumble, but there's not much he could have done: nobody was there to block the defender on his blind side.

After such a rough start I was happy to see Gilbert throw some good passes, and bring it to a close game. I hope he can get over that fumble to see how well he did.

Definitely at least two obvious missed interference calls against Alabama.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Nothing like admitting on national tv that your arm is "dead". I hope it's only a bad stinger and he's able to rock 'n roll at the combine. Turned out to be a much better game than I thought it'd be for sure. I'd kinda like to see McCoy in a 'Hawks uniform next season so Hasslebeck can mentor him.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
For a kid that was in High School last year, He did pretty well. I can't imagine what was going through his head. Texas came out and punched Alabama square in the mouth, but had to throw the entire game plan out when McCoy went out of the game.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Nothing like admitting on national tv that your arm is "dead". I hope it's only a bad stinger and he's able to rock 'n roll at the combine. Turned out to be a much better game than I thought it'd be for sure. I'd kinda like to see McCoy in a 'Hawks uniform next season so Hasslebeck can mentor him.
FYI, if they say it's seperated, it's usually easy to diagnose. Your arm hanging down at your side with your collarbone sticking up is real easy to spot. He won't be at the combine unless it's just a level 1.

That freshman played awesome. I'm a UNC fan and we've got a quarterback who's in his 3rd year and can't hit the broad side of a barn. I listened to it on ESPN radio and at the end of the 3rd, the commentator busts out with "Well, this is about as boring of a quarter of football as you're gonna get." Classic line.