Quantcast

Well THIS is no good at all. End of the world by 2060

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Just because there's a delicious snack named after him as well as a unit force doesn't mean he still wasn't batsh1t fvckin loony with jesus.

I mean just think about what the apocolypse is..........then go watch clash of the titans.......some pretty crazy similarities I'd say.......at least in my apocolypse.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Just because there's a delicious snack named after him as well as a unit force doesn't mean he still wasn't batsh1t fvckin loony with jesus.

I mean just think about what the apocolypse is..........then go watch clash of the titans.......some pretty crazy similarities I'd say.......at least in my apocolypse.
My apocolypse has Ding Dongs and Twinkeys......

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
Actually, Newtonian physics is pretty much all "wrong". It's more of a close approximation. So if yoiu apply that to his prediction, the world will end in 2060ish.

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
It's coincidence that airplanes fly, cars start and stop as designed, buldings stand upright.... pretty lucky for us.......
*Sigh* I love internet scientists as much as I love internet lawyers.

I did not say that it was not true, but that it was mostly wrong. Newtonian physics, the physics that most people learn, is not entirely correct, it breaks down in all but a small subset of conditions, most notably the very large and the very small, and pretty much anything not directly related to conditions here on Earth. It is "close enough" to convey the concepts of the physical world, but not exact enough.

Even if you combine Newtonian with Quantum physics, you still don't come close to conveying the true nature of the physical universe. But then again, according to one of physics own(Godel), you never will.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Gee....i wish I'd taken numerous Ad Cal, differntial equations Mechanics, Dynamics and Vibrations courses so I could think and deeply as Kihaji......
That explains why your helicopter designs crash and burn.

Don't worry about Kihaji, he likes pretending he's smart.

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
But he's taken (and likely failed) High School fizix. He's schooling us all......
I've failed physics, yet you don't even understand the basis of the physics you have passed?

Wow.

(Here's a hint, the physics that makes up most secondary education is not the physics that Newton developed, which is considered the initial form of modern physics, but instead a combination and refinement of that influenced by Einstien, Lagrange, etc. In fact, you being the giant in physics, should know that Newtonian physics was incapable of explaining basic phenomena like thermodynamics and electrodynamics.)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I've failed physics, yet you don't even understand the basis of the physics you have passed?

Wow.

(Here's a hint, the physics that makes up most secondary education is not the physics that Newton developed, which is considered the initial form of modern physics, but instead a combination and refinement of that influenced by Einstien, Lagrange, etc. In fact, you being the giant in physics, should know that Newtonian physics was incapable of explaining basic phenomena like thermodynamics and electrodynamics.)
Have you ever been intimate with a woman? Or a man?

At least switch to decaf.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

Wow.

But it's all a religion...metatarsals and digits and humanity, oh my.

This has as much validity as my cat suddenly giving birth to the baby that my wife is carrying...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Wow.

All right......cards on the table.....

......you're recycling something you read from a paperback with a really cool graphic on the front and the words 'our universe' somewhere in the title aren't you?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i seriously doubt even digital thermometers will still be 32-bit by then.