Quantcast

Went for an early morning ride today

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I normally don’t get out of bed until I barley have enough time to make it to work without getting yelled at. But this morning I ended up getting out of bed around 6:30am this morning and headed down towards the local trails in Santa Cruz. It was a brisk 34 degrees outside when I started hiking up the trails.

Once I finally made it to the top my fingers were kind of numb. Good times. The trails were freaking perfect and empty. With the rain from last week and it being clear since then the trails were nice and tacky and made for a lot of fun.

This was my second ride on my new frame, and I finally got the rear suspension dialed in a lot better than it was before, so the ride was quite nice. Going from a Santa Cruz Free to an SWD Crazy 8 single pivot bike was a pretty big change. I still am getting used to it but I am enjoying it so far.

The new ride...

It was just a ton of fun hauling some ass on the local trails with no traffic. Also the morning was kind of foggy so the forest looked so cool. Anyways, I figured I would share. =]

Here is a picture from a typical ride: