Quantcast

Went to Hooters for the first (and last time)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Went there last night with some riding friends on the Thurs Nite MTB'er Social.

The serivce was sloooooooooooow, the broads were 'artificially enhanced,' the atmosphere was frat-house, and the food (I had the supposed 3-mile island 'hot' wings) was greasy, flavorless and cold.

I will not be back.

Ever.

:dead:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
N8 said:
Went there last night with some riding friends on the Thurs Nite MTB'er Social.

The serivce was sloooooooooooow, the broads were 'artificially enhanced,' the atmosphere was frat-house,
Thats kinda the point.

Seriously though up until about a year ago I hated the food at Hooters, but they have seemed to increase their menu a bit to make it worth a trip every now and again.

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I went there for lunch, it sucked, nasty burger, cold fries. There were a couple pretty ladies though. Not worth the $20 though. Not at all.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hah, I did the same thing when I went down to N.C.

My girlfriend insisted we go, so we went and I was pretty disappointed. The food was lousy, the service was slow, and the girls weren't particularly attractive, nor did they sport particularly sizable.. well, hooters.

The only upside was I got to watch a guy make a total, public ass of himself. It was his birthday and the girls were having him sing and dance in front of everyone. I would have told the girls where to stick their singing and dancing, but I believe this guy got no further than, "heh. Girls in tight outfits are talking to me. Maybe I can score."

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I hate strip clubs, and one of the few things enjoyable is watching other dudes (particularily the Christian ones) make a fool of themselves. I did once make a date with a strip club waitress, so I got some from a strip club employee (without paying for it).

On that note, I have never been to Hooters, but I would have to imagine it is an Applebys with tighter clothing...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
Applebees food is 100x better than Hooters food, and Applebees ain't all that.
:stupid:

When I said the food was lousy, I don't mean, "...as compared to an excellent $25 entree from a good restaurant."

I mean, the food is lousy. By any standard. It's what would happen if the food suppliers for McDonalds started making larger servings, to be cooked individually instead of en masse.

Peteydag

Monkey
Sep 19, 2004
the FC
haha hooters rules, but their **** is always cold, and they are ridic slow, i went on a lax trip in cocoa beach, and one table took liek an extra hour to get their food, but they made it all better by giving them free t shirts and signing them, with all their wonderful catch phrases like, Breast Wishes, the girls there were hot though

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
The only thing I have ever had there is hot wings(drowned in Tabasco) & pitchers of beer. They had college/drink specials all the time, so I went there to watch sports events with fraternity buds during my first two years of college. At that particular time in my life, cheap beer, eats, bags & sluts were all I really cared about. :evil:

I patronized the Fairfax, VA & Clearwater, FL establishments where I found the tail to be quite nicely above average. The only thing I didn't like was how some of the girls wore panty hose beneath their silky cheek-peekers. No matter how hot the girl, that look TOTALLY deflated my erection. It's like working like mad, slowly teasing a hot girl out of her sun dress...only to discover that she's wearing JCPenney granny bloomers. :(

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Hooters food is indeed terrible, the service is slow, and the girls not that attractive...I went there once and don't plan on going again. Their wings may be the worst wings I have ever consumed.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
llkoolkeg said:
The only thing I didn't like was how some of the girls wore panty hose beneath their silky cheek-peekers.
Agreed, but only "some" of the girls wore it? I've only eaten there once but have seen at least three different establishments, and at all of them, it was a uniform to wear the panty hose. None of them were without it.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Went to one in San Fransisco, wasn't that bad, the food was cheap, good chicken burgers, beer etc.....wasn't a bad experience at all.

We couldn't find a place to eat, ya know with all the seafood and such so Hooters was it :) We don't have one here in Santa Barbara or near it so we figured why not. I can see though how in some parts where Hooters is it could be a "whory" place with the girls and guys and such. I didn't think it was all that bad though.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
binary visions said:
Agreed, but only "some" of the girls wore it? I've only eaten there once but have seen at least three different establishments, and at all of them, it was a uniform to wear the panty hose. None of them were without it.
Yup, but this was back in '88 - '91. It was a different place back then. For a setting reference, there was also a Penguin Feather Records & Tapes less than a mile up the same road that sold tokemasters and NO2. :evil:

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I've never been there. I have heard that the food is pretty nasty, and everytime I have gone by a Hooters the women didn't look all that great.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
binary visions said:
Hah, I did the same thing when I went down to N.C.

My girlfriend insisted we go, so we went and I was pretty disappointed. The food was lousy, the service was slow, and the girls weren't particularly attractive, nor did they sport particularly sizable.. well, hooters.
OMG....no you didn't go to a Hooter's in NC? :nope:

Man......maybe in Wilmington they have the pretty beach girls, but that's the only place you would ever want to visit a Hooter's in this state. Greenville girls are pretty, pretty, pretty, but they ain't workin' in no Hooter's no matter what the tuition is. ........And no matter what they tell you at the strip club---they ain't really workin' their way through school, either. :p

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I am in SW Germany, amidst a high concentration of Americans. They recently announced the opening of a Hooters. It will be interesting to see how it goes over. Thye will surely pander to the young (male) military member, to seperate him from his jing$$. I think Hooters is an interesting place, but not intersting enough to regularly go to. Its pretty sad to hang out at one all the time.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
you guys gotta hit up world of wings we are about to cruz there now for happy hour (4 till eleven) and wings. only in the south and montana for some reason????