Quantcast

Went to see Metallica the other night...

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
And damn, i tell ya' all, those guys R O C K!... i've seen the boys two times before, and this was their best ever, i might say.... :D

After all, with more than 20 years in the business, they surely know how to trow a party on their other hometurf- Copenhagen, the place where Lars Ulrich grew up long time ago...;) :devil:

For a solid 2½ hours continously, they shook the ground beneath the National Arena here in Cph... ending in a 40.000 person hail to the drum maestro- Lars, after a string of solid Metal classics... ending in 3 extras, Enter Sandmen, Master of Puppets, and Seek and Destroy!

If they do a round nearby you on this tour, go see em'... life's just soo good after a concert like that... :D

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Darkness!
Imprisoning me!
All that I see!
Absolute horror!:evil: :devil:

Glad you enjoyed ;)

I haven't seen 'em since black album:(

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
I can't handle any of their music from the Black album to present:stosh:
:stupid:

When Cliff died, so did Metalica (for me anyway). Cliff would have kicked Lars square in the nutz about Napster!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by jimmydean
:stupid:

When Cliff died, so did Metalica (for me anyway). Cliff would have kicked Lars square in the nutz about Napster!
Justice is a great album, but thats all. When James actually started to TRY to carry a tune it was all over with. He still can't sing worth a damn but all that studio stuff he does now just plain SUCKS!!!!!!!! His old way of singing the raw version was way better.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Justice is a great album, but thats all. When James actually started to TRY to carry a tune it was all over with. He still can't sing worth a damn but all that studio stuff he does now just plain SUCKS!!!!!!!! His old way of singing the raw version was way better.
I must say I'm not a fan of their newer music either, but when I used to go see them they really did put on a great show.

Glad you had a fun time...nothing sucks worse than going to a concert and it being sh itty...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I agree. Justice was a borderline album for me. There are some good tunes on there, but then they made a video after years of saying how videos suck.

I was a HUGE fan of them with Dave Mustaine, but he was better off with his own band (Megadeth, one of the greatest bands EVER!!!)

I wouldn't mind seeing them again live, but it would have to be a small place, like 400 people sized club with sh!tty sound.

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
Hmm... ya' well.... i can't say i'm to fond of their latest albums either.... only number i think is reasonable M'kayy.... is: "Whiskey in the jar"... which is an even greater number by Thin Lizzy... all other stuff from the last 13 years, is pretty... Hmmmm, useless ;)

But heyy Sheite... they still kicked some butt last Wednesday... :devil:

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
i've been a fan since rtl came out. i'd love to see 'em again. last time i did was in hampton collisum n the early 90's i think. maybe it was the richmond one. i dunno. all i remember was front row kicked major ass lol

load n reload... =[

Everything after the Black album has gotten progressivly crappy. St Anger sounds like Lars banging on a trashcan and James whining about how his life sucks and that we should all feel sorry for him. If they're so great, why havent I heard anything on the radio? I bought St anger and returned it about 2 hours later.

Hey James!!! Mullets died with billy ray cirus (or however you spell his last name)

But I am glad you had a good time. Nothing sucks worse than a concert that blows. I'm looking forward to seeing Sevendust this summer. I think they're an able replacement for James and the coke addicts.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by jimmydean
I agree. Justice was a borderline album for me.
Justice fuggin rawked! They were pissed off about Cliff's death and went in the studio and kicked ass! The aggression, darkness and cohesion in that album were fantastic.

The best thing about that album is it is the best way to test speakers ever. If they fart out on Blackened, you don't want them.

Metallica went to crap as soon as Bob Rock produced their stuff:mumble:

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
He he...:devil: how come the ol' stuff is bigger and better than the new stuff....:confused:

Yeah, Me think the Napster deal went over Lars' head as well... he lost a lot of credit here in Denmark over that deal.... come on Maaan!... they're allready multimillionaires with privateplanes and all that corporate stuff, and then they [Lars especially!] whine and complain about some people downloading some of their numbers... i think that sucked bigtime! :dead: :angry:

There's not much rock n' roll attitude about lawsuits against their fans.... pretty crappy way to say thanks to a normal extremely loyal fancore...

Still, they do kick aszzz performing live... :devil:

NastySid

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sweden
Used to buy their ****..

After the napster stuff... Naah...

I buy it used if i can find it.. Just dont care anymore..