Quantcast

Were can I get 36 hole Rims?

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Before asking a technical question by e-mail, or in a newsgroup, or on a website chat board, do the following:

1. Try to find an answer by searching the archives of the forum you plan to post to.
2. Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
3. Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
4. Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.
5. Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.
6. Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.
7. If you're a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.

When you ask your question, display the fact that you have done these things first; this will help establish that you're not being a lazy sponge and wasting people's time. Better yet, display what you have learned from doing these things. We like answering questions for people who have demonstrated they can learn from the answers.

Use tactics like doing a Google search on the text of whatever error message you get (searching Google groups as well as Web pages). This might well take you straight to fix documentation or a mailing list thread answering your question. Even if it doesn't, saying “I googled on the following phrase but didn't get anything that looked promising” is a good thing to do in e-mail or news postings requesting help, if only because it records what searches won't help.

Take your time. Do not expect to be able to solve a complicated problem with a few seconds of Googling. Read and understand the FAQs, sit back, relax and give the problem some thought before approaching experts. Trust us, they will be able to tell from your questions how much reading and thinking you did, and will be more willing to help if you come prepared. Don't instantly fire your whole arsenal of questions just because your first search turned up no answers (or too many).

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all. The more you do to demonstrate that having put thought and effort into solving your problem before seeking help, the more likely you are to actually get help.

Beware of asking the wrong question. If you ask one that is based on faulty assumptions, J. Random Hacker is quite likely to reply with a uselessly literal answer while thinking “Stupid question...”, and hoping the experience of getting what you asked for rather than what you needed will teach you a lesson.

Never assume you are entitled to an answer. You are not; you aren't, after all, paying for the service. You will earn an answer, if you earn it, by asking a substantial, interesting, and thought-provoking question — one that implicitly contributes to the experience of the community rather than merely passively demanding knowledge from others.

On the other hand, making it clear that you are able and willing to help in the process of developing the solution is a very good start. “Would someone provide a pointer?”, “What is my example missing?”, and “What site should I have checked?” are more likely to get answered than “Please post the exact procedure I should use.” because you're making it clear that you're truly willing to complete the process if someone can just point you in the right direction.

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Anyone know were I can get 36 hole rims?
Mark-

Check out Ride-This.com. Really good bike shop for all things freeride/downhill/DJ. The guys there are really helpful and the service is great. Pricing may be a few dollars more than some big warehouse, but it's definitely worth it. Any errors are promptly taken care of. They short shipped me one 2.35 high roller and hooked me up with a 2.5 high roller for free to cover the inconvenience. I give them my business whenever possible.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
ok i'm going to say what everyone on this forum is thinking right about now.

come the HELL on man.

also why 36 spoke?? i have never had a problem with a 32 hole wheel and i'm a big guy that can ride pretty hard time to time

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I have never run 32 hole wheels. I figure the extra spokes probably add a bit more strength, and don't really cost much in weight.
I bought a sweet Syncros rim on ebay recently for $30. There are a couple more on there right now.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Before asking a technical question by e-mail, or in a newsgroup, or on a website chat board, do the following:

1. Try to find an answer by searching the archives of the forum you plan to post to.
2. Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
3. Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
4. Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.
5. Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.
6. Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.
7. If you're a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.

When you ask your question, display the fact that you have done these things first; this will help establish that you're not being a lazy sponge and wasting people's time. Better yet, display what you have learned from doing these things. We like answering questions for people who have demonstrated they can learn from the answers.

Use tactics like doing a Google search on the text of whatever error message you get (searching Google groups as well as Web pages). This might well take you straight to fix documentation or a mailing list thread answering your question. Even if it doesn't, saying “I googled on the following phrase but didn't get anything that looked promising” is a good thing to do in e-mail or news postings requesting help, if only because it records what searches won't help.

Take your time. Do not expect to be able to solve a complicated problem with a few seconds of Googling. Read and understand the FAQs, sit back, relax and give the problem some thought before approaching experts. Trust us, they will be able to tell from your questions how much reading and thinking you did, and will be more willing to help if you come prepared. Don't instantly fire your whole arsenal of questions just because your first search turned up no answers (or too many).

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all. The more you do to demonstrate that having put thought and effort into solving your problem before seeking help, the more likely you are to actually get help.

Beware of asking the wrong question. If you ask one that is based on faulty assumptions, J. Random Hacker is quite likely to reply with a uselessly literal answer while thinking “Stupid question...”, and hoping the experience of getting what you asked for rather than what you needed will teach you a lesson.

Never assume you are entitled to an answer. You are not; you aren't, after all, paying for the service. You will earn an answer, if you earn it, by asking a substantial, interesting, and thought-provoking question — one that implicitly contributes to the experience of the community rather than merely passively demanding knowledge from others.

On the other hand, making it clear that you are able and willing to help in the process of developing the solution is a very good start. “Would someone provide a pointer?”, “What is my example missing?”, and “What site should I have checked?” are more likely to get answered than “Please post the exact procedure I should use.” because you're making it clear that you're truly willing to complete the process if someone can just point you in the right direction.
tell me this was a cut and paste and that you did not type this out for his benefit :twitch:

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Is this guy for real or no.. Cause he has been Pming me and I have given him all kinds of info for wheelsets, cranks etc etc.. Gave him good deals that I found etc etc. Everytime I see his post its the same question over and over again.... Damn looks like my posts:monkeydance: Nah but really I think he may be a kid you know , he always post a thread about a certain part and then asks are these good and they are those Pricepoint deals..

Yo Hammond we are willing to help but do some searching too dude..

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Mark-

Check out Ride-This.com. Really good bike shop for all things freeride/downhill/DJ. The guys there are really helpful and the service is great. Pricing may be a few dollars more than some big warehouse, but it's definitely worth it. Any errors are promptly taken care of. They short shipped me one 2.35 high roller and hooked me up with a 2.5 high roller for free to cover the inconvenience. I give them my business whenever possible.
Bro I was a huge Ride-This supporter when they had a guy working there which was one of the owners his name was Victor.. Well I called on day to see if my wheels were done that he was building for me and they say he doesnt work here anymore.. I say ok, do you know about my wheels... Well long story short they took forever and they treated me like SH*T, they didnt honor anything that Victor told me cause he had offered me 20% off parts since they screwed me over bad on a Frame sent me the wrong frame 4 times anyway, they wouldnt give me that discount on parts I say ok I guess since the guy is gone... I guess next time I have to get it in writing... So I tell the guy's over there and its just one of them cause Hacksaw is cool people, but i tell this guy everyweek that the rear hub needs to be 12mm, cause I was waiting for my wheels for a month, and everytime he give me attitude and just blows me off and is like we got it dude...... Finally get my wheels and the Dumb F**K sends me 10mm rear Holy SH*T I call him and he kind of laughs and is like oops I guess I swapped the wrong one in.. So I told him I was trying o hit up this race and really needed that axle can he ship it overnight since it was his fault anyway adn they made me wait over a month for these wheels it was like pulling teeth for the overnight he says OK.. Well I got that axle 1 1/2 weeks later... Since the day I talked to the guy that said Victor left till know they have just given me attitude like its my fault that Victor hooked me up with deals.. They went from the best shop to the worst.. I will never do business with them again.. The other thing was they left me with a new Preston frame with a DHX Air I called them everyweek for a month letting them know they never sent a call tag for it, If I wasnt a honest guy I shoulve just kept that baby.. Instead I set everything up and sent them the frame.. My mistake:monkeydance:

markhammond77

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
I understand what you guys mean and I should have checked online before asking this question, but I did not because I have not had too much time lately. I was hoping by maybe putting a post I would get straight forward answers in order to minimize my time looking online and therefore be able to finish other things which I have priorities on. Anyway, thanks for all the "comments" and now that I have more time, I will look for myself. I will keep you guys posted on some good deals on 36 inch rims as I find them.

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Gordo shame about your dealings with ride-this. I dealt with Vic when I placed my initial order, then he had left by the time I called them about the tire. Whoever the new guy there was hooked me up with the rear for free. But your situation is definitely f*cked up. I'll use them until I end up getting the same treatment you did.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Gordo shame about your dealings with ride-this. I dealt with Vic when I placed my initial order, then he had left by the time I called them about the tire. Whoever the new guy there was hooked me up with the rear for free. But your situation is definitely f*cked up. I'll use them until I end up getting the same treatment you did.

Yeah Victor was the Man, if he fawked up he would take care of it thats all I ask.. This new guy acts like it myfault he I didn ask for the wrong item to be shipped to me 4 times nd its not my fault your out of pocket shipping fo all your mistakes... By all means order thru them but after spending a good amount of $$$ being that I ordered 2 frames from them and all parts to build both bikes you would think they couldve treated me better... i guess once you have spent you money its over... good luck