Quantcast

Wet Screams tubeless????

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Did a quick search and couldn't find anything on this.

Has anyone had any luck running Wet Screams tubeless? I was thinking about trying it with some Stans on my 823's.

Or do I just run XC tubes and pray to Hamu I don't flat?

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Sure, I've run the UST version of the Wetscreams tubelesss tons of times. It works well on 823's, Stans Flows, and as a ghetto-tubeless setup on Azonic Outlaws.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I run 3C (non-ust) highrollers and minions tubeless all the time. Have not used a tube in something like 6 years.

The WS has the same casing, I cant see how it would be any different...just put some stans in there, air them up and spin to seal the beads.

v-10dh

Chimp
Mar 15, 2009
I run the wet screams tubeless on my I9 rims with a stans tubeless setup and they work great.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Some people feel the regular Wet Scream has stiffer knobs than the UST version and are therefore less prone to folding over. With either one you will need to cut down the knobs for most conditions.

Also the 823 is a very stiff rim with a profile that makes it easier to cut the relatively soft sidewalls on a Wet Scream.

Other good alternatives for a mud tire are the Hutchinson Rhino and the Schwalbe Dirty Dan.