Quantcast

What $14000 will buy these days.

splat

Nam I am
Tonight I did a Shop ride at a local LBS , and after the ride there were going to be some Reps from IF talking , but first they road with us. it was about a 20 25 mile route , and It was a hammer fest . I held my own and it felt really good. then we got back to the shop, and they had beers and Munchies and started talkinmg . Well I had to boggie home before it got dark. but I got home got the wife and son , and got back for then end of the talk , then the Mingling with every one . but the Object' d 'art was Matt Brakens ( President of Independent Fabrications ) XS Gold Bike.

The head tube Badge Solid 18 K Gold over an Ounce of it . they said they have sold 2 Badges ( seperate from Bike ) for $2000 each !

Talk about geougeuos Lugs .....

And the front end looks good too.

and I must say from following him on the road it looked pretty good from behind too!

My wife and Son Have to check it out oo!

and the weigh In

Not too bad!!!

and Finally , there was some scwag to be had!!!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
oi...that thing is hideous. i've seen a few $14,000+ bikes in the shop, and damn...none were that gaudy.

JoeRay

Monkey
Feb 19, 2004
In Squalor
Can anyone remember those gold plated campy anniversary bikes of the early nineties. Very similar concept me thinks.

If I remember right in the day they went for about 12-15k.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
those weren't reps. those were the dudes that work @ IF. they've been going to shops talking to ppl and taking ppl out on group rides.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
looks to me like its carbon, no idea on what the lugs are made out of though.

matt
According to the IF site, the lugs on the XS are Ti.

In this bike's case: gold plated Ti.

Hmm... I've always wondered if IF were capable of making a frame gaudy enough to be a worthy successor to my Colnago... :think: