Quantcast

what a neat honor (Pres. Bush Sr skydive)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
His 80th celebrations began in a baseball park on Saturday, his birthday, with a gala of about 5000 fans and friends, including John Major, Mikhail Gorbachev, and tennis star Pete Sampras.
Wow Pete Sampras was there! :eek: :drool: :monkey:

J

JRB

Skookum said:
Wow Pete Sampras was there! :eek: :drool: :monkey:

While I would like to meet Sampras, all those smileys creep me out. Thanks for not using this one. :heart:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
loco-gringo said:
While I would like to meet Sampras, all those smileys creep me out. Thanks for not using this one. :heart:
Wow Pete Sampras was there! :eek: :drool: :love: :heart: :sneaky: :p

Yah it's amazing how a few smilies can change the message. I was trying to convey a "No big deal" kind of tone with the first one, but i can see how the drool one can lead elsewhere. :think:

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
splat said:
probably a little less tramatic then when he had to jump out of his Burning plane in WW II (and probably no bullets either )

Actually don't think he ever jumped out of a plane except that first time on his birthday. I remember one of the news stories was that he didn't jump during WW2 and has always wanted to do it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Dog Welder said:
Actually don't think he ever jumped out of a plane except that first time on his birthday. I remember one of the news stories was that he didn't jump during WW2 and has always wanted to do it.
didn't click the link, did ya? :blah:

Mr Bush had made four earlier parachute jumps, the first as a navy pilot in 1944 when the Japanese shot down his bomber over the Pacific. He was rescued by a submarine.