Quantcast

What about other ballot intitatives/questions and House/Senate Races?

Plummit

Monkey
Mar 12, 2002
Cali has Prop 8, Colorado has the "Personhood" amendment, MA has Questions 1 and 2 phasing out the state income tax and decriminalizing small amounts of marijuana, respectively. What other important/strange ballot issue are out there. How are people voting in your state?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nothing new here. A close Senate race and the usual property tax hikes for the zoo, improvements, same old crap.

If Gordon Smith loses, it could make things a lot more interesting in the Senate.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I voted for drive-through abortions and to have "In God We Trust" removed from all coins.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
The biggest one in my neck of the woods (Cali) is Prop 8, amending the constitution to limit marriage to a man and a woman. I have seen dozens of people on street corners with signs for and against. Probaly the most heated proposition we have this year

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The biggest one in my neck of the woods (Cali) is Prop 8, amending the constitution to limit marriage to a man and a woman. I have seen dozens of people on street corners with signs for and against. Probaly the most heated proposition we have this year
Bruno was out there on Sunday, I heard.

Plummit

Monkey
Mar 12, 2002
I'll keep you informed. The Chronicle had their endorsement of NO months ago, but I don't trust the liberal media.
I would be interested in that "outcome" lol. We only have 3 here in MA. 1. Phase out income tax by 2010 2. decriminalize under an oz. of marijuana (becomes a mail in fine/civil infraction), and 3. Ban betting or wagering on Greyhound racing.

1. was way behind in the polls as of a few days ago.

2. Was looking like it might pass.

3. was pretty evenly split in the polls.

ironspoke

Chimp
Sep 15, 2008
Irwin
I didnt get a chance to vote against Jack Murtha as he is just outside of my precinct. That race is really tight. This guy has it coming to him after calling Marines cold blooded killers and his own constituents racists and rednecks.

If there was ever an example of how term limits are a good thing it would be this guy.

ironspoke

Chimp
Sep 15, 2008
Irwin
No one will probably ever sort out what happened at Haditha but the fact remains that these guys were cleared of charges and Murtha never offered a single apology.

His corruption dates back to the Abscam Era when he was caught on tape saying he wasnt interested in a bribe "at this point."

Say what you want about the Founding Fathers and what they may have had in mind for this great country, but career politicians just bringing home pork for their home districts I'm sure didnt fit any part of their plan.

The fact he called his constituents racists and rednecks may be enough to push it over the line this year.