Quantcast

What adapter/disc for Travis Triple w. Hope M6?

vpsaline

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
I installed my new Travis Triple on my bike today and im super stoked. But my Sherman Slider Plus setup doest work with the Travis, what adapter/disc setup do I need to run this?

I have Hope (2005) M6ti caliper
205mm Disc (2005)
Travis Triple fork (2006)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!:help:

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
According to the go-ride site, you don't need an adapter for a 203mm travis, which means the caliper is supposed to bolt right up. Apparantly, you need a new caliper.

Maybe a new set of brakes is looking like a better option?
I made my original comment because I've already been through this with Marzocchi's asshat mount change.

vpsaline

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
buildyourown said:
I've already been through this with Marzocchi's asshat mount change.
Right, and Avids dont ever require special adapters? Why are you turning this topic around into a hope flame war? This thread is nothing about Avids.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
so you have an IS brake caliper (51mm) and youre trying to mount it to a 74mm post mount?

vpsaline

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
Dirty said:
so you have an IS brake caliper (51mm) and youre trying to mount it to a 74mm post mount?
Yes the caliper is 51, the disc is 205, and the adapter is 74mm along with the 74mm fork. Im not sure its post mount though, i dunno what that implies.

Go-ride says no-adapter is needed (direct fit). Is that because they are talking about the 2006 Hope M6 caliper, has the caliper changed between 05-06?

I have this adapter already from the install on my ex-fork the Sherman Slider; Hope Tech M6 Adaptor 74mm Manitou Post mount 205mm (BR1827)

Doesnt work, even though other websites have said it should.

Does not look like the FoxDH40 225mm hope rotors at all in the pics above that I found.

Dirty

Aug 3, 2003
i would just call hope and ask them tomorrow...

www.hopetech.com

btw, in those pics you odnt know if those are 2005 calipers or not...so theyre not really all that useful...

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
The '06 hopes are 74mm post mount standard, the '05s are not. The go-ride site is refering to the '06 brakes and they do not require an adapter. As far as I know, with an 05, you need a 220mm rotor for use with the adapter that you have, as you would on a dorado. You could measure to be sure.

it is a little ironic that you have been such an ass in another thread. I have one of these rotors sitting here and nothing to do with it..I have offered to give it to several people...

vpsaline

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
specializedride said:
what is wrong with it?
it places the caliper way too far out, like if I need a 240-250mm disc. The guy with the M3 has the caliper in the position I need it (real close the lowers). But the naked caliper alone or the 74mm post mount doesnt come close to achieving that.

Dirty

Aug 3, 2003
hes got that adapter you posted...he used it on his slider...
it doesnt work on the travis

Dirty

Aug 3, 2003
davep said:
The '06 hopes are 74mm post mount standard, the '05s are not. The go-ride site is refering to the '06 brakes and they do not require an adapter. As far as I know, with an 05, you need a 220mm rotor for use with the adapter that you have, as you would on a dorado. You could measure to be sure.

it is a little ironic that you have been such an ass in another thread. I have one of these rotors sitting here and nothing to do with it..I have offered to give it to several people...
wait...isnt this the answer...

vpsaline

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
Dirty said:
wait...isnt this the answer...
vpsaline said:
Im afraid I may need a new caliper :mumble:

Yes, but is there a miracle way to fit the 05 caliper somehow? The guys in the two pictures I posted clearly have floating rotors. I dont think there exists a 220mm floating rotor, 225mm floating rotors exists though, and the guys in the pics dont have those. As it is now, I would need 240-250mm rotor to fit. And even then I dont think it would (the caliper is off angle anyhow).

vpsaline

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006

"Description : Mounts for the 2004/5 Mono 6Ti calipers.
For 2006 calipers changed to post mount standard." :cool:

???

:help:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
the travis is 8" direct mount 74mm. thats why the adapter from hope won't work

vpsaline

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
DHS said:
yup the 225 will work
But am I wrong or does this disc only add 10mm per each side of the disc. So that only gives me 10mm when I need 20 on each side of the disc? Like if I need a 245mm disc????????

Cooper

Chimp
May 18, 2005
Sydney, OZ
Hijack:

Can anyone tell me if there iis an adaptor made for the shimano XT's (4 pots, 8 inch rotor) and the travis fork /

cheers

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
for the xt's you'll need a bigger rotor aswell. cause the 74mm adapter pushes the caliper out further

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
Cooper said:
bigger than the 8 inch? i wasnt aware you could get bigger?
won't work man, you'll need to either get a 223mm rotor (which would have to be custom made as hopes are too big at 225mm), or you'll have to bite the bullet and buy new saints....

vpsaline

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
Hope 2006 Mono 6 Disc Brake, this updated brake for 2006 replaces the 2005 Mono 6Ti brake (spares still available for this), the brake is very similar apart from caliper mounting system which has been improved and rotor size slightly reduced from 205/185mm to 203/183mm which makes it more compatiple with other manufactures brakes.
Oh well, it looks like if I have to change, ill have to swap discs aswell :mumble:

vpsaline

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
DHS said:
the travis is 8" direct mount 74mm. thats why the adapter from hope won't work
exactly, thats what I now learned, so the slider used to be 6" direct mount 74mm and I used a 8" adapter on it? Now this adapter brings the caliper 2inches too far out on the Travis, and Hope told me I needa 248mm Disc to get this to work. I could also use a Monster T adapter and Fox 225mm Disc + lots of shims. So, I ordered the 2006 New Standard Hope M6 Caliper and 203mm disc.

:mumble: :mumble: :mumble: