Quantcast

what are you cooking for xmas dinner?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i will likely stay w/ the tried and true standing rib roast...so damn good...i gotta set the rest of the menu.

i think for this weekend i'll be trying some pan-seared duck breast for the 1st time @ home. anyone have good recipes?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
X-mas eve = steaks & lobsters
X-mas day usually = turkey at the in-laws.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My mother and I were just discussing what to have for Christmas Eve Dinner. Right now, we're thinking lasagne, but I am open to suggestions.

We'll be having ham on Christmas Day with Sq-Earl's family and I always bring dessert.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i guess i was more referring to the sun-dried tomato cream sauce. yeah, our kids definitely love proscuitto as well. anything w/ flecks of green though (ie, herbs) gets the hairy eyeball.

at least my kids eat fish. :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the roasted prime rib was once again a spectacular success...w /a bottle of '97 mondavi cab, and some roasted garlic mash, yes. and some candied sweet potatoes (brown sugar, lime juice, brandy). pics in the next day or so.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
the roasted prime rib was once again a spectacular success...w /a bottle of '97 mondavi cab, and some roasted garlic mash, yes. and some candied sweet potatoes (brown sugar, lime juice, brandy). pics in the next day or so.
We had similar - small standing rib roast with gorgonzola cream sauce. Roasted potatoes got the sauce as well.

Bottle of: