Quantcast

What are you going to do for the Inauguration?

What are you going to do for the Inauguration?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
I agree, what's the big deal? This dog and pony show has happened 55 times already...whats so special about number 56?

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
We'll be walking down to the inauguration from our house that morning to stake out a spot near 4th and Constitution NW to watch the swearing-in and maybe catch the inauguration parade from its starting point. I'm super glad we don't have to take any form of public transportation to get down there that day because metro is going to be a mega cluster-F all weekend.

Some other happenings around DC next weekend: A lot of bars will be open until 5am if not 24 hours, Moby is DJing an all-night set at the 9:30 Club (doors at midnight), free concert at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday featuring the Bruce Springsteen, U2, Beyonce, etc.. We might try to go to the (free or cheap) Neighborhood Ball that Obama is sponsoring but they haven't released many details as of yet so we shall see.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We'll be walking down to the inauguration from our house that morning to stake out a spot near 4th and Constitution NW to watch the swearing-in and maybe catch the inauguration parade from its starting point. I'm super glad we don't have to take any form of public transportation to get down there that day because metro is going to be a mega cluster-F all weekend.

Hotels are booked all the way down here in Charlottesville for the occasion.:huh:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i could give two ****s about the inauguration to be honest, i'll be partying because it's my birthday.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Why isn't "Smoking crack and masturbating with a dead weasel while watching the inauguration while choking myself with a plastic bag for the effect" on the poll list?

At a minimum there should be "Baby wants to fucccccckkkkkkkkk" in difference to Blue Velvet.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I think I will just post on RM, eat a plate or two of bacon, and drink beer.

I know, a real shock to one and all.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, I would go to the Inauguration if I was with 200 miles of DC.

This is the greatest moment in history in my lifetime, an event which is the beginning of many things which I could not have imagined even 10 years ago.

Also, this is the end of the worst era in my lifetime. Good riddance.

Act like you don't care, but things are not business as usual.

Monkey
You should move to Chicago and experience change.

Well, I would go to the Inauguration if I was with 200 miles of DC.

This is the greatest moment in history in my lifetime, an event which is the beginning of many things which I could not have imagined even 10 years ago.

Also, this is the end of the worst era in my lifetime. Good riddance.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
cracka plz - you have to be dumber than trig to think the winds of change are a-blowin.

i want to see the look on your face when you miss the level-up you think you have coming.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
cracka plz - you have to be dumber than trig to think the winds of change are a-blowin.

i want to see the look on your face when you miss the level-up you think you have coming.
I didn't a black man was going to be elected president. That means a lot to me.

Someone who isn't an idiot, that another one for me.

And he seems like he knows what he is doing.

Maybe Obama will declare me King of The World.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
the best thing is that a village in Texas will be getting it's idiot back!

Seriously though Obama's inaguration is historic. But then again many things are and its great to celebrate those momments but then you have to move on to deal with life as it has been dealt. If I can i will tune in on the radio, but chances are I will have a patient in the ambulance and be paying attention to them will be my priority

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I'll take it to the extreme and say that I care don't care enough about it that I don't even know what day it's on. I'll either be in school or be out riding or working on the trails, depending on the day.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
too busy watchin what is happenin in canadian politics...they could legalize or decriminalize marijuana here so nothing can be more exciting. It is the Hai coop that is going on that could oust a prime minister here

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Since I would have to take mass transit I'll be staying at home and working on my car (Timing belt has 90,000 on it). I would've liked to go but I hate crowds and have been sick for over a week.