Quantcast

What are you listening to!?!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
norco-freerider said:
you have got to be kidding me.

i saw maiden last year and it was BY FAR the best show ive ever seen. blew metallica away, and metallica puts on a serious show.
Yep you're right. Time for me to bow out....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
norco-freerider said:
you have got to be kidding me.

i saw maiden last year and it was BY FAR the best show ive ever seen. blew metallica away, and metallica puts on a serious show.
sorry for the blatant stereotype, but i'm guessing w/ a name like 'norco-freerider', you're probably about 16 and have seen 5 shows, 4 of them arena/stadium metal 'extravanganzas', and the other at the town fair.

give it a bit, yr live music experience will grow...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
narlus said:
sorry for the blatant stereotype, but i'm guessing w/ a name like 'norco-freerider', you're probably about 16 and have seen 5 shows, 4 of them arena/stadium metal 'extravanganzas', and the other at the town fair.

give it a bit, yr live music experience will grow...

im 20, i ride a DHR and race DH, and have been to about 20-30 shows, including everything from the cars and petty to metallica and slayer. and i play guitar, and know what good sound setting sounds like.

everyone ive ever asked who went to the maiden show I WENT TO said it was amazing.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, it may sound lame, but the best concert Ive seen was Roger Waters and his little mob of studio musicians doing Floyd songs. Simpy PERFECT sound and a bunch of good tunes. Real stage presence that man has.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
tune into the Song of the Day threads to see what i am digging...label spotlight this week is Touch and Go...

convincing people that their music taste sucks or needs expanding is about as fruitful as telling them their tastebuds don't work right. hard work, it is.

download the buttholes and killdozer songs from the last two days and honestly listen to them.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not surprising...i'd hate to admit the changes i went through from age 17 to 20.

the best part of life is living it. living means being open and exposed to new ideas.

:thumb:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
not surprising...i'd hate to admit the changes i went through from age 17 to 20.

the best part of life is living it. living means being open and exposed to new ideas.

:thumb:
You just made another change to "Maiden Worshipper" after listening to that, didnt you? :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
haha....it wasn't that bad, to tell the truth. had that twin guitar/thin lizzy sound down pretty good.

was bruce singing? didn't sound like the strangled nutsack wailing he usually employs.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
BurlyShirley said:
Well, it may sound lame, but the best concert Ive seen was Roger Waters and his little mob of studio musicians doing Floyd songs. Simpy PERFECT sound and a bunch of good tunes. Real stage presence that man has.
It doesn't sound lame. I took my Dad to the "Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking" tour. He said it was the best concert he has ever seen. He was utterly wasted out of his mind though. Eric Calpton is a better guitar player live then David Gilmour IMO. I was glad I went.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
haha....it wasn't that bad, to tell the truth. had that twin guitar/thin lizzy sound down pretty good.

was bruce singing? didn't sound like the strangled nutsack wailing he usually employs.
Depends on which version you heard. I think the original is NOT bruce, but I have a live version that is. If you get a chance to get "Hallowed Be Thy Name" its even better. Listen to it twice.:)

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
jdcamb said:
It doesn't sound lame. I took my Dad to the "Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking" tour. He said it was the best concert he has ever seen. He was utterly wasted out of his mind though. Eric Calpton is a better guitar player live then David Gilmour IMO. I was glad I went.
Yeah, Gilmour Schmilmour, he has a nice touch but its clear who makes the band. The guy Waters was playing with when I saw him was Doyle Brahms the Second or something crazy like that. Didnt miss a lick! Very, very good show.

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
alright so here it goes, 50 cent(i know i know), Abstract Rude, ATU, AC/DC, Aerosmith, AFI, Afroman, Alan Jackson, Andre Nicatina, Anticon, Anti-Flag, Atmosphere, Bad Religion, Beastie Boys, The Beautiful Girls(off ROAM), Black Eyed Peas(their old stuff), Bloc Party, Bob Marley and da Wailers, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, The Coup, Cypress Hill, Death From Above, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Flying W Wranglers, Frank Sinatra, Good Riddence, Gorillaz, Green Day, Jedi Mind Tricks, Jimi Hendrix, John Fulbright(close friend i can send you some if your interested its reggaish mellow), Johnny Cash, Jurassic 5, Kid Rock, led Zeppelin, Lyricson, Matisyahu, Metallica, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Moka Only, Moon In Leo( another close friend, soft rock), Nas, NOFX, Oasis, Operation Ivy, Outkast, Pantera( all of em), Pennywise, The Pharcyde, Propagandhi, Rage Against The Machine( heck yeah), Rancid, Rise Against, Rjd2, Sean Paul, Slightly Stoopid, Sublime, Sweatshop Union, Swollen Members, Talib Kwelli, The Trilambs( Check em out), Upsidedown Astronaut(close friend who DJ's),and last but not least Vanilla Ice.

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
Maggot Brain by Funkadelic
Juanita by The Flying Burrito Brothers
Moonshake by Can
Polish by Fugazi
As We Used to Sing by Sonny Sharrock

iTunes shuffle rocks :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
mtbtom said:
Am I the only person on this site that's able to say I saw Iron Maiden AND Judas Priest on the same bill ?
do you still have that zebra stripe outfit?

mtbtom said:
Hey not every movie can be a Hitchcock classic or a cult masterpiece. The point being there's nothing wrong with listening to trashy music and enjoying it. I personally don't like the sound of someone stepping on his guitar but some people call it music and enjoy it. Now where the hell are my Abba CDs...
absolutely. i was digging the hell out of the Fu Manchu stuff i was rocking in my office yesterday. 70s buttrock retread be damned; it was hot.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The stupid elevator music/propaganda messages as I try to make an appointment with my "health care professional." I wish we ran the 911 dispatch at my work like they run the appointment line at the Docs...

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Just discovered last night that one of my fav NYC ska bands put up a myspace for their old friends and fans with a couple unreleased rarities. Made my night last night finding it and getting to hear their cover of "My Boy Lollipop" for the first time in like 7 or 8 yrs! http://www.myspace.com/metrostylee

-ska todd

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Prong: Cleansing.
I love 3 piece bands and Prong has a very stripped down sound.
Good "stutter crunch"