Quantcast

What are you listening to!?!

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
A lot of different stuff at the moment...
Mickey Avalon
I like the new Metallica single
the new billy talent
young jeezy
wiz khalifa
the devil wears prada
atmosphere

that about sums up my recently added list.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Streets of Calcutta < Ananda Shankar

"Ananda Shankar, nephew of world-famous sitar player, Ravi Shankar, never quite matched the success of his uncle, but made a significant impact in the '70s psychedelic underground scene by combining Western electronics and Indian music to create instrumental jams and moody soundtracks.

The son of famous classical dancers caught the show-biz bug in the late '60s and traveled to Los Angeles, where he played with rock musicians (including Jimi Hendrix) at the pinnacle of the psychedelic movement. At age 27, he signed a deal with Reprise Records who released his debut self-titled album; a fusion cult classic that combined Hindustani music with psych-rock and included sitar-heavy versions of "Jumping Jack Flash" and "Light My Fire." After poor Stateside record sales, Shankar returned to India and began constructing 1975's Ananda Shankar and His Music, a blend of furious funk beats, keyboards, and traditional Indian instruments. From 1978 to 1981, he recorded five conceptual records: India Remembers Elvis (Indian versions of Elvis standards), A Musical Discovery of India (an endeavor financed by the Indian tourist board), Missing You (a dedication to his parents), the space-themed 2001, and the jungle safari-tinged Sá-Re-Gá Machán."

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My newest F U mix:

F*** The Pain Away: Peaches
War Within a Breath: Rage Against The Machine
Sick Again: Led Zeppelin
Kickstart My Heart: Motley Crue
My Michelle: Guns N' Roses
Wu-Tang: 7th Chamber—Part II: Wu-Tang Clan
Slam (Remix): Onyx & Biohazard
I Wanna Be Your Dog: The Stooges
UK 82: The Exploited

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Since last night I can't stop listening to Carcass.

oh yeah!!! haven't pulled out the carcass in a while. all my stuff was on tape, but i never moved the collection to cd or mp3, except for peel sessions.

right now - i'm spinning between
Grendel - Harsh Generation
Rob Zombie - Educated Horses
Suicide Commando - X.20 remixes