07 redline conquest pro cyclocross bike- want to sell so I can buy another bike

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yeti AS-X for freeride/DH

Yeti 575 for general use and XC

my new Transition "white trash trailer park":rofl:
with all my leftover "trash" parts I had laying around (and a few I needed to finish off the build) were thrown onto a shiny new TOP frame. Picked up the Gold Label from a fellow monkey and rode the heck out of this thing at Ray's this weekend. I can't wait to go again!

My red rider! Fixie. I bought this bike when I just turned 15, if I remember correctly, it was pretty pricy around $1300 or so. I wanted to do crits, but really had no idea what I was doing, so I used it for transportation, but the small tires (21’s) just kept flatting out on our ugly roads, once I found mountain biking and got my license I really neglected riding this thing… it hung out in the garage only to see the light of day here an there. I recently decided to build up a set of surly hubs, and ride it again. I stripped all the parts off that I didn’t need, laced up a set of Alex DA28’s to surly fix/free hubs via DT butted spokes, then threw on some nice big tires (28’s). I flipped the bars, and cut them off. That is it. The bike rides better than ever. It took a little to get used to the fixie thing, but it is pretty cool!

these are just the main bikes... I have a few more but no pics... of them...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
^^^^ that Miyata is sweeet. I have a Miyata also. Mines set up with gears though.

I ride:

Miyata 310
Turner Spot
thanks... it really was a great bike as a gear'd bike, and is super fun as a fixie! One of the groups of riders I pal around with is into doing alleycat's which is what I built it up for! (well that and messing around in town) :thumb:

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
No pics at the moment, but I ride

USB Molly McGuire
Evil DOC
20" subrosa with a bunch of random parts
an incomplete 29" redline monocog

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Soul Cycles Titan (my generic do everything bike)
Soul Cycles Monk (My wife's CX/get around bike, but we share)
DK General Lee (24" BMX cruiser) <- My current favorite
Giant Al hardtail something or other (xc bike, also my wife's) Right now it's set up with slicks so I can tow the baby trailer on the road and gravel paths while she rides the CX bike.

My spare pennies are going in the jar towards a Bottle Rocket.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
This gets most of my ride time. Love, love, love this bike.

The old steel frame, rigid single after the parts swap. Only one ride on it this way, but it's a damn fun bike to turn into a SS.

And 07 Preston FR/07 66ATA combo

that is getting a frame swap to one of these in a few (hopefully) weeks. The hardtails will still likely see over half my ride time though.
http://swdracing.com/6gun.html

Then have a crossbike setup fixed as a commuter/grocery getter/wet weather road bike. (sports a rack, fenders, and lights most of the time)

And a fixed road bike. Very fast and fun, but sees little mileage, but is good to have around.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
scrub- ditching the Preston already? Why?
just can't get comfy on it. running more sag, playing with the fit, seat/bar/pedal relationship and just can't get comfy with it. feels way more top heavy than i like. more "on" the bike than "in" the bike. way, way prefer the feel of my hardtail, so i'm having the custom built with a super low slung toptube, similar sizing. i like smaller bikes, but then i have the problem of not having enough toptube.

built around a 66 deg head angle with the fork at 180mm, and to give me a 1/2" lower BB height. 3" lower seattube/TT junction with a hugely sloped TT, slightly slacker seattubesmaller headtube. ought to get the lower and smaller fit/feel i'm after with that. much lower center of gravity. should be about the same weight. 5.5" travel, slack and burly enough for the little stuff i dish out.

got the preston frame for a very good price, so will probably get enough for it to pay for most of the new frame. it's posted on the local forums for a bit before hitting ebay/the classifieds. the new frame, with custom options, is still far less $$ than most frames out there. we'll see how it turns out.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Chumba XCL

Old Jamis Durango with some newer parts, makes a great back-up bike. Locked-out fork and a different wheelset with 1.5 slicks on them for a quick change into a road bike when needed.

tacklespore

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Texas
AH!
I just bought a Pivot Mach 5
-Full XTR compenents
-Mavic Crossmax ST
-Thompson stem and seat post
-monkey lites and rocket v saddle

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
02 Giant NRS (pro issue frame) for XC
04 Giant DH Comp, custom build for DH/stunts
04 CliffCat Tankass, ss w/ Monster T2, dunno what this is for realy
06 Santa Cruz Roadster, well, for road. Full circa 99 dura-ace grouppo!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I only have three bikes right now, and it feels kinda weird. My stable:

Yeti 4X, which is FOR SALE:

My Torelli roadie bike, recently bathed in Campy:

And a '56 Schwinn Spitfire:

(me in the foreground aboard the Schwinn, corey_dcstreet in the background)

En route I have a new Yeti 4X, a 303, and a 575. All should be here in the next few weeks... can't WAIT. I think I'm most stoked about the 575... I borrowed a bike last Sunday and went for a cruiser XC ride with some friends from out of town and couldn't believe how much fun I had. ll this snowboarding and working I've been doing - I kinda forgot what riding was like.

Shame on me.

Feb 26, 2008
P-town Oregon
I just got back into biking after a hiatus for about 2 years and recently gotten myself an older Giant Yukon rigid, Its decent for what I paid for it, a good commuter, I'm looking at a new Haro Later this year, possibly a specialized, definetly a hardtail.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Trek 830 Antelope (1989)
Kona Stab Garbanzo ('06)
IH MKIII (?)

Now I just have to quit my job and ride them more often.

wreckedrex

Monkey
Feb 8, 2007
Fremont, CA
2005 Heckler built with all new parts in '07. The main do-all rig.

Access hardtail that's been a loaner, a SS and is now (almost) a loaner again, just need to re-install the crank set.

99-ish Gary Fisher Aquilla... Bought it new and never road it. Seriously, there's probably <50 miles on the frame. Converted it to SS a month or two ago and love it to death.

GT road bike: Bought a full 105 group ages ago thinking I wanted a CX bike and never found a frame. This one poped up in unused condition so I went for it. It's been months now and I've only ridden it around in front of the house. I think it's going to be fun, once the time changes again I'll be able to log some miles on it.

Attachments

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
2006 Cove Shocker DH
2006 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert
2003 Santa Cruz Bullit (rootbeer biatch!!)

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i got:

1989 Concorde in PDM colors
1998 Ted Wojcik skinny
2005 Iron Horse Hollowpoint Expert (badged as a Northface)
2005 Northface hardtail (re-baged IronHorse not sure of model)