Quantcast

what chainbreaker?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
the best one I ever had was a 4 dollar cheapo.

I have a Shadow that broke the first day I got it and now it somehow snaps the side plates of my chains.
I also have a tiny Park thing that sucks for bmx/half link chains.

what chain breaker do you use and what kind of chains are you breaking?

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
i have been using my current one for like 10 years. its part of some cheapo tool that was sold long long ago at target. cant believe its lasted so long

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Park CT-7 is my fav. I like that it has 2 shelves for the chain. also nice and sturdy. I had a pedros pro chain tool but wasn't into it. the pins were more prone to breaking with the pedros.

I use 1/8" chain kmc z510hx. the park works with 1/8 and 3/16. no 3/32 10 speed chains.

Last edited:

cdavis

Chimp
May 19, 2010
RVA
That's strange that the shadow fed up, mine has been going strong for 2 years now. Never had a chain to beefy that it couldn't handle.

On a different note, as Stoked said, my roommate swears by his park ct-7.

scag

Monkey
Nov 19, 2004
get the park tools breaker....you wont regret it.

Weird that your shadow chain broke...are you sure it didnt break at the point that it was originally connected? Improper install is usually the culprit.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
get the park tools breaker....you wont regret it.

Weird that your shadow chain broke...are you sure it didnt break at the point that it was originally connected? Improper install is usually the culprit.
the chain didn't break, the breaker broke. One of the tabs just snapped off. now it doesn't hold the chains correctly, making it a pain in the butt to use.