Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Somewhere, sometime I heard that only a small population of the world has green eyes, something like 4-6%. I probably remembered this because I too have green eyes. Some people are very aware of other's eye color and may have a thing for say blue eyes or whatever. Some people just don't notice and/or don't care. It is just another physical trait like anything, but some people have preferences and/or interact differently with people who's eye color is different than their own or that they have a fondness for.

Where do you fall? Got a thing for brown eyes? Don't trust yellow eyed people? Think you are treated differently because of your eye color?

I tend to prefer brown or green eyed people as opposed to blue which seems so popular. I'm not a blonde haired, blue eyed type at all.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Well, I have green eyes, most of the time, sometimes they are Brown. I dont' know what effects it, maybe what I wear, or the lighting, I can't even tell usually because I am colorblind.

I generally prefer blue eyes, I am not sure if that is because it is a color that I can see or if it is just a prefrence. But I just am drawn to blue eyes.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Many people with green eyes state that their eye color changes be it with the seasons, time of day or years down the road. For many years I had hazel eyes like my father, however for the last 10 or so they have definately been green. They appear more green if I'm wearing a green shirt and appear more yellowish when in direct sunlight. Green eyes are FAT eyes. More fat in the eye indicates a greenish tint.

All babies are born with dark blue eyes.

Perhaps pics should be posted?

If your eyes are blue, how are they blue and what shade? ie. bright, light blue or deeper, more turquoise, etc. Same goes for other colors.

May 4, 2004
a computer near you!
my eyes change with what mood i am in... im not talking contacks(sp?) my eyes can be blue (very blue or blue-grey), green, gray, and brown.im strange....this i know.

i too can be the perfect person, because i can be: blond hair, blue eyes, or blond hair, green eyes. :D :heart: :D

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
I think rather dark complected people with light colored eyes are striking. Sometimes I wish I was darker.

For those of you with lighter colored eyes, do you think you are more light sensitive? I think my eyes are more so than other people.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by Motionboy2
Well, I have green eyes, most of the time, sometimes they are Brown. I dont' know what effects it, maybe what I wear, or the lighting, I can't even tell usually because I am colorblind.

I generally prefer blue eyes, I am not sure if that is because it is a color that I can see or if it is just a prefrence. But I just am drawn to blue eyes.
If you're color blind how can you tell if your eye color changes?

I have a bit of yellow in my eyes as well as green. they're also rimmed in black. Eye color or perceived eye color is so subjective. Many people with hazel eyes will call them brown or green.

http://www.seps.org/cvoracle/faq/eyecolor.html

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by spincrazy
If you're color blind how can you tell if your eye color changes?

I have a bit of yellow in my eyes as well as green. they're also rimmed in black. Eye color or perceived eye color is so subjective. Many people with hazel eyes will call them brown or green.

http://www.seps.org/cvoracle/faq/eyecolor.html
I can't, but people tell me. In conversation or people that I am close to will mention that my eyes are brown now or green now or whatever.

So if Green eyes are FAT eyes does that mean that if the hypothetical you lost weight they would phase back to whatever color your eyes were before? Can you eyes loose fat? This sounds dumb, but now I am curious.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by spincrazy Perhaps pics should be posted?

If your eyes are blue, how are they blue and what shade? ie. bright, light blue or deeper, more turquoise, etc. Same goes for other colors. [/B]
My eyes are verys sensitive to the sunlight, even up here in the eternal grey blah. I wear sunglassesyear around.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mine are black and blue because the wife has been beating me lately. :monkey:

I voted blue. Mine are a funky color somewhere between green and blue, but I guess I had to vote something.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
What are hazel eyes brownish greenish? i suppose i would have hazel eyes then, but they change to a bright green at times.

As a child i had an albino cat who had a blue eye and green eye.

And what the hell are yellow eyes???? i've never seen anyone with yellow eyes. Unless they're jaundiced......

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Yeah, hazel are a brownish green. again, color is so subjective.

Tenchiro, them's some cool looking eyes. Very grey.

For those of you that have two different colored eyes, please post pics. You are an odd breed.

David Bowie has a different colored eye as well. Seems he was punched in the eye as a child and it morphed from there.

Wooglin, are you albino?

Anyone have black eyes? Do you know what color your bosses eyes are?

Yellow eyes are yellow. I've seen em.

I don't think you can lose eye fat and change your color. Eye color change, dramatic can be a sign of something very wrong with your body, or so I've read. It can also mean nothing.

Originally posted by Skookum
What are hazel eyes brownish greenish? i suppose i would have hazel eyes then, but they change to a bright green at times.

As a child i had an albino cat who had a blue eye and green eye.

And what the hell are yellow eyes???? i've never seen anyone with yellow eyes. Unless they're jaundiced......
Yah, they exist, sometimes you can fall into them...

J

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I have green/blue eyes. They change color is can be really freaky but they really do.:(

arsenic

Monkey
May 9, 2004
springfield, va
Originally posted by BurlySurly
2 green, 1 brown/pink
sick fukka !

i dunno what the hell mine are. they change from time to time i think. right now they're pretty dark and i guess blue. here's a pic.

sometimes they're lighter tho. and bright sunlight... ick !

Attachments

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
ive got the colour shifting green brown hazels. weird thing, my pupils are always TINY. even when its rerally dark, they only get about the size of an average persons. but i have good night vision. a dude on my hockey team had one totally blue eye, and one totally brown eye. it was very wierd to look at.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by spincrazy
Eye color change, dramatic can be a sign of something very wrong with your body, or so I've read. It can also mean nothing.
When i used to drink years ago they'd turn green big time, almost like they frikkin glow in the dark green. They still turn really green now but it's from the intoxicating power of love, my ex's could attest to that. Something wrong with my body? well the first one i would say yah being ****faced, but i'm getting ready to do my duty to please that booty well there just ain't nuthin wrong with that.:D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
My eyes are blue most of the time, but they change colors depending on what I'm wearing. Seriously they! They can be light blue, dark blue, green, grey....Weird.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Come to think of it my eyes change color from wearing different clothes too. Hey at least we don't percieve things in a different color by the clothes we wear, then we'd REALLY be in trouble. :D

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
mine are bright blue. (brown hair)

Saw an interesting thing on tv a couple weeks ago, talking about eye color, and sensitivity to light. Generally the darker ones eyes are, the less sensitive to bright light they are, and vice a versa, those with lighter color eyes are more sensitive. I know, i'm always wearing sunglasses, hate the bright light.

They were also saying something along the lines that a persons eye color is indicitive of where they're decendants originated from... meaning that people with darker color eyes, their ancestors originated from generally warm sunny areas, near the equator, where as people with lighter colored eyes, their families originated farther away from those type of areas, areas that didn't have as much sunlight year round.

I don't really know how much of that part is true, as you have people from all over the world with different eye colors... one would think that people would adjust to where they are and over time would adapt to the conditions? but who knows? But then again, you don't see too many True Hawaiians or Equitorial Africans/Central Americans with blue or green eyes do you? Maybe I could apply for a gov't grant to study this further? :think: :)

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Yeah, I've read similar things. I find it very interesting. However, there are lighter eyed, darker skinned individuals naturally without mixing of race. It's more of an anomoly, but it exists. Was funny, but while searching the net I came upon some WHITE sites discussing just this. I didn't read them thoroughly or at all, but thinking about it, I wasn't too suprised. Much has to do with genetics, but as they think they've got it all figured out as far as what color eyes your parents have and what color their parents have and so on and so forth when it comes to dominant and recessive genes there are still oddities that they cannot explain.

"...... If there is a green allele on chromosome 19 and the rest of the alleles are blue, eye color will be green. Blue eyes will occur only if all four alleles are for blue eyes. This model explains the inheritance of blue, brown and green eyes but cannot account for gray, hazel or multiple shades of brown, blue, green and gray eyes. It cannot explain how two blue-eyed parents can produce a brown-eyed child or how eye color can change over time. This suggests that there are other genes, yet to be discovered, that determine eye color or that modify the expression of the known eye color genes."
Originally posted by DHRacer
mine are bright blue. (brown hair)

Saw an interesting thing on tv a couple weeks ago, talking about eye color, and sensitivity to light. Generally the darker ones eyes are, the less sensitive to bright light they are, and vice a versa, those with lighter color eyes are more sensitive. I know, i'm always wearing sunglasses, hate the bright light.

They were also saying something along the lines that a persons eye color is indicitive of where they're decendants originated from... meaning that people with darker color eyes, their ancestors originated from generally warm sunny areas, near the equator, where as people with lighter colored eyes, their families originated farther away from those type of areas, areas that didn't have as much sunlight year round.

I don't really know how much of that part is true, as you have people from all over the world with different eye colors... one would think that people would adjust to where they are and over time would adapt to the conditions? but who knows? But then again, you don't see too many True Hawaiians or Equitorial Africans/Central Americans with blue or green eyes do you? Maybe I could apply for a gov't grant to study this further? :think: :)

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
ahhhh. I'm not the only one....

I was just looking at the poll results, and green eyes are just barely trailing blue. I wonder if this is due to the question of what color your eyes are. Most people with green eyes like them very much and may be more prone to answer a poll of this type or click the thread to begin with. Green eyes are much more rare so to speak. I do have many friends with green eyes though.... Like I said in the first post, only a small population of the world has green eyes, but a lot of them probably live in the US as opposed to say, Asia....

My cat has green eyes too. :)

Originally posted by DHRacer
definitely interesting stuff.

trishster

Chimp
Jun 16, 2005
I have blueish green eyes, I think they're pretty. Because my boyfriend never complimented my eyes, over three years, I asked him, "I like blue eyes better than brown, what do you like?", fishing for a compliment, and he replied, "I prefer brown". Hurts, ouch. He has hazel eyes but lumped himself into the brown eye category and took what I said as an insult. Not fair. He's the kinda guy that's insecure and cuts me down in a joking way. I just want to be appreciated. But he has a "thing" for brown eyes and can't appreciate mine. It's sad knowing that I'm second best to him in this way. :(

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I tend to notice eye-color more than most, especially in women (duh), but I don't really have a preference for specific colors. If I had to pick, I'd guess I'd say I like dark brown eyes.