Quantcast

What colors do you guys like?

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I have a friend who is working on a project that may make it's way to bikes. He is wondering what colors you guys would dig for components. He would be working with pedals, handlebars, stems, rims, and that sort of stuff. Think BMX here, where you get cool DH stuff but will a variety of color choices.

Thanks guys.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I think grey makes parts look cheap. White would probably sell pretty good, red would also be pretty killer.

I like kidwoo's checkerboard idea, but some kind of mc escher kinda think with black and white skulls and crossbones would be cooler.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Thanks for all the input guys but i'm talkin colors. If you've ever looked in a bmx catalog you'll see that you can get blue, green, yellow, dayglow, red, purple, neon everything, zebra's, leapoards and a hundred other colors. It really allows you to have a real say in what your bike can look like. So if ya like black and white then cool, if ya like something else let me know.

ps. tell me that sweet all black and grey beast you've put together wouldn't look pretty cool with a pair of purple pedals.

miatagal96

Chimp
Feb 7, 2007
pink (same color as the Jagwire pink cables) or lime green for smaller components as accents

leopard or zebra print for larger components

black and raw (for people who already have their color accents somewhere else)

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i think you should try to have two divisions in your color range, the more toned down colors and then the really bright colors. for toned down stuff, i'd say dark red, british racing green, brown, and then the standard black stuff would be great. can you do galvanized? raw looks great, but galvanized looks pretty awesome as well.

as for the brighter colors, bass boat green, seafoam green, baby blue, orange, purple? there are lots of choices, i think that the brighter colors will sell better if they're on smaller parts for the most part. patterns would be super sick though, i personally think that checkers, lumberjack-style plaid, or just fades and stripes would look great.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I really like the anodized stuff... Maybe not for a frame though.

I think something different and individual is good, you know? something that will stand out. You do want your product to stand out from others, right?

Just don't screw up... It's all opinion, but I think most of us agree, specialized's paint schemes SUCKED last year.

:cheers:

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Thanks for all the input guys I've heard some really cool ideas here. If you have anything else throw it out there.