Quantcast

{}_{} \/what day is it\/{}_{}

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Apparently we're going to the Cherry Creek art festival today. That is all that I am aware of.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Shitty weather so I ran 10 miles on the treadmill. I think we've got an adopter for our foster dog but the puppy is sick so we can't take her to the adoption event today. Poor pup...puking with runny poops. I've been there before!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello
Bought new brake pads for my road bike. Planning a 70 miler tomorrow with some elevation gain and will likely need my brakes on the way down. I paid retail from a bike store, which is a big step for me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Managed to still ride a bicycle this morning after all that hiking up a mountain yesterday. Now for catching up on Le Tour, F1 and DH from this morning.

@Sandwich how much vert we talking? :D

edit: and Football if inglund have finished yet.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Managed to still ride a bicycle this morning after all that hiking up a mountain yesterday. Now for catching up on Le Tour, F1 and DH from this morning.

@Sandwich how much vert we talking? :D

edit: and Football if inglund have finished yet.
Not as much as you coloradoodlers; probably 5-6000ft total. For us east coasters, it’s a lot. It’s basically a 35 mile one-way trip to a ski hill, climb it, then ride back. The ride down is eye watering and I want to make sure my brakes work.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not as much as you coloradoodlers; probably 5-6000ft total. For us east coasters, it’s a lot. It’s basically a 35 mile one-way trip to a ski hill, climb it, then ride back. The ride down is eye watering and I want to make sure my brakes work.
Only big climb I've done in Mass is Mount Greylock and that's a long way from you :)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

Getting my oil changed at the new place in town because nobody seems to be at the gas station. Finally did a scan on my check engine light that's been on since right after I bought it, so I have a few things to look at now. Maybe not until next week because it's damn near 100 today and that sucks.

Getting AC in the house last year was the best money I've ever spent.

HBD @stevew :cheers:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mowed the yard and woods trails. Lots of stuff down that I need to cut up.

Passed out with Isla. Not a bad afternoon.
I'm halfway through mowing the yard now. Can confirm, it's balls hot out.

Taking a beer break in the shade.

Might have to go jump in the lake after this crap...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Look at that trimmer
Straight shaft bud, all business.

I wish I could find a guard for cheap, because I am absolutely covered in grass now. I've only used little wimpy electric trimmers up to now...thus thing feels like holding a helicopter in my hands. It's great at just erasing whatever green stuff it's pointed at.

Not bad for $70 or whatever...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In other news, the landlord finally finished the siding on the shed today. No longer have to look at the tyvek logo all day.

Now if he'd just finish the whatever they're doing on the inside, so I can move my shit back into it...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Up at fyvayem to drive up to @Toshi 's mt 'hood with the youngest kid to do some fishing. Shit was *busy* when we arrived.

20240706_081236_resize_31.jpg

Fishin' was decent, though the creek was pretty high and cold as balls.

Quit around noon and went for some pricey but delicious fish and shrimp tacos.

20240706_130016_resize_84.jpg

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Straight shaft bud, all business.

I wish I could find a guard for cheap, because I am absolutely covered in grass now. I've only used little wimpy electric trimmers up to now...thus thing feels like holding a helicopter in my hands. It's great at just erasing whatever green stuff it's pointed at.

Not bad for $70 or whatever...
$70 maple syrup snow bucks? That’s a deal!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
FB lady says she's gonna buy my dresser. She says she'll meet me at a time in the near future.

I am putting faith in le FB marketplace gods that this lady actually shows up.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
$70 maple syrup snow bucks? That’s a deal!
Yeah, so pretty much free in Murican dollars. I had to chase the guy selling it, but well worth it.

The dude had a fancy roller lawnmower and immaculate grass at his house. So what I'm trying to say is, it's been well taken care of.

I haven't had to fuck with it at all since buying it. Which for something that might be 20 years old, ain't bad.

He even gave me the manual. It's been a while since I've had some actual reading material for the pooper.