Quantcast

What did Santa bring you?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Hoping these will work on one of the fatbikes.
2C493BF9-BFC8-4773-A7AB-C0CCDB4B289D.jpeg

Also an inReach mini, etrex32 and some other bling for long distance riding.

Best so far though is the binding that REI is giving me to replace the one that just broke.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The same way I keep myself warm and dry from the knee down... Winter riding ***pants***
Unfortunately I haven't found winter riding pants that work for me. They need to be wide enough to accommodate knee pads but not so bulky that they get snatched by the chain. For a while I was using DH pants with ski underwear, but that is quite uncomfortable. The most practical and flexible solution for me are roadie-style thermal tights with a short on top. And here winter shorts make a lot of sense for warmth and the protection of your bum from spray water.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Unfortunately I haven't found winter riding pants that work for me. They need to be wide enough to accommodate knee pads but not so bulky that they get snatched by the chain. For a while I was using DH pants with ski underwear, but that is quite uncomfortable. The most practical and flexible solution for me are roadie-style thermal tights with a short on top. And here winter shorts make a lot of sense for warmth and the protection of your bum from spray water.
I eventually settled on endura singletrack pants. Not fully waterproof but endura makes other models that are if you need it. Definitely worth checking out

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I eventually settled on endura singletrack pants. Not fully waterproof but endura makes other models that are if you need it. Definitely worth checking out
I looked at their MT500 freezing point pants but they are an odd fit and only accommodate my slim knee pads. Further, folks here have less than stellar results with the durability of the Endura stuff. Waterproofing being lost in no time, seams ripping open easily, backsides of pants/shorts not surviving muddy rides.

I got the Vaude Minaki III shorts, main material is 100% recycled, Primaloft insulation on the front that is 80% wind proof, waterproof back panel, large zippered vents and produced environmental friendly under fair conditions. Unfortunately they don't make a similar kind of pants.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I looked at their MT500 freezing point pants but they are an odd fit and only accommodate my slim knee pads. Further, folks here have less than stellar results with the durability of the Endura stuff. Waterproofing being lost in no time, seams ripping open easily, backsides of pants/shorts not surviving muddy rides.

I got the Vaude Minaki III shorts, main material is 100% recycled, Primaloft insulation on the front that is 80% wind proof, waterproof back panel, large zippered vents and produced environmental friendly under fair conditions. Unfortunately they don't make a similar kind of pants.
Are the mt500s the ones that are like nylon rain pants? The singletracks are more like a lightweight dh pant. But yea they can only accommodate lighter / slim style knee pads. I haven't had any durability issues with them, this will be their third winter.