Quantcast

What did we do to piss off mother nature?

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Yeah, I'm over this crap! It snowed on willamette pass earlier this week!!! So much for a downhill season at this rate. Anyone know what snow pack is like at ski bowl?

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
Hahaha - I thought this was a thread about the RAIN.

This is typical for this time of year. I'm looking at the bright side of things as far as it shouldn't be too dusty until later in the summer. That would be nice.
ha I had rain in mind when i started it...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Hahaha - I thought this was a thread about the RAIN.

This is typical for this time of year. I'm looking at the bright side of things as far as it shouldn't be too dusty until later in the summer. That would be nice.
I'm sorry, but 49 degrees and snowing in the passes is not typical for this time of year.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Al Gore was right?

Wasn't it a really atypical winter up here as well?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Sorry, this is my fault.

Was in Florida for Ivan.
NOLA for Katrina.
Reno for the floods.
Virginia for the major Nor'Easter
Reno for the massive last winter.

Sorry, my bad.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Its a freaking La Nina year, of course its going to be colder and wetter then normal. I love how everyone always makes some crack about Al Gore or global warming when its colder then normal. Global warming causes things to be more extreme i.e. colder cold fronts, warmer warm fronts, bigger storms, more intense global weather events. I do agree the weather's sh1tty but its our own fault.

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
Well I missed the regular boarding season, maybe I can get up to the pass in a week or so. I think I just found a use for my old 3" gazzas, snow biking here I come!

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
I remember. A group of us skied Green Valley in the a.m. and then hopped on our mountain bikes in the parking lot of Crystal and rode Ranger Creek to Skookum Flats to a beer at the Naches in Greenwater.

It was a great day.

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
I don't understand it.. who's not recycling and burning carpet? :crazy:

woke up this morning to roaring rain and a flat tire on my truck...

Just moved to Bellingham from Charlotte, NC (2 days ago!) Moved on the promise of a great dryish summer, glad to hear this crappy weather is not normal for this time of year! Freezin' my southern assets off here so far - but hey, it's 100 degrees back in Charlotte, so I guess I can't complain too much!

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
Sooooooo, what might this mean for the SkiBowl race slated for the 21st - 22nd? I can't seem to see anything on their webcam.

Crogers6569

Chimp
Jun 8, 2008
Just moved to Bellingham from Charlotte, NC (2 days ago!) Moved on the promise of a great dryish summer, glad to hear this crappy weather is not normal for this time of year! Freezin' my southern assets off here so far - but hey, it's 100 degrees back in Charlotte, so I guess I can't complain too much!
Same boat, moved here 1 month ago from Winston Salem, NC on promise of halfway dry summers and its rained ever since...

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Well I missed the regular boarding season, maybe I can get up to the pass in a week or so. I think I just found a use for my old 3" gazzas, snow biking here I come!

There you go man I had my best season yet on the ski bike:banana:
But now I am in the same boat as the rest of you guys. Most of our lower elevation stuff is snow free, I can still run the ski bike on the Alpine but unless your on the early morning ice its too wet and slow to be much fun...

There is lots of places to ride guys BR is clear so is Post/Syncline and most all lower el. stuff. And I am still going to get some more time on the skibike.:banana::crazy:

Duane

moose99ps

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
bend, oregon
HOLY OTHER NORTH CAOLINIANS BATMAN!!!! im from the racing capital btw... yea this weather SUCKS!!! to damn cold and wet in bend for this time of freaking year..

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
This is what WE American did to piss over mother nature...... and our economy

I'm tired of rain and clouds :plthumbsdown:... I just wana ride my bike