Quantcast

What did you eat, um, lately...?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I whipped up some Hungarian Veal Paprikash last night with a Bogle Merlot & Ecco Dommani Chianti (both good candidates for the cheap red thread). The Bogle stole the show though.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
SkaredShtles said:
You drank 2 bottles of wine last night? :thumb:
well....the bottom third of the merlot & the top third of the Chianti. I DO have to go to work @ 3am.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
We pan-seared some scallops, broiled some baby asparagus and sauteed some haricot verts. The wife and my Mom washed it down with a Sauvignon Blanc while I drained beers, as usual.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
pan-seared scallops is one of my fave dishes...it's easy to make a nice sauce too...once the scallops are done, remove from them from the pan, add some chopped shallots and cook for a bit (add a bit more oil or butter if the pan gets too dry and some of the stuck-on bits starts to brown too much), then deglaze w/ fresh-squeezed lemon juice and white wine. reduce as necessary.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Bogle makes a good Petite Sirah too...

I had cote du porc a la charcutiere tonight. The pork chops were so so (I was in a hurry and had to go boneless, last time I do that...) but I actually licked the sauce off the plate. Damn, that was good.

Fancy french name for porkchops with a pan sauce, eh? :D

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
narlus said:
pan-seared scallops is one of my fave dishes...it's easy to make a nice sauce too...once the scallops are done, remove from them from the pan, add some chopped shallots and cook for a bit (add a bit more oil or butter if the pan gets too dry and some of the stuck-on bits starts to brown too much), then deglaze w/ fresh-squeezed lemon juice and white wine. reduce as necessary.
With the exception of the lemon juice (which I dislike on seafood), that's exactly what I did. Damned tasty.