Quantcast

What do you think of this song?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If you've got 4+ minutes, listen to this song, and give your feedback if you'd like.

(you can not watch the video if you'd like, it's not relevant)

Highlight this section after you've listened or before, whatever... << It's for a mother-son dance at my wedding >>

Ok, definitely form an opinion before highlighting this << My bride-to-be and I are both jewish. We're not very observant or anything -- yummy bacon!! :D -- but it will be a jewish wedding. My sister "found" Jesus (didn't know he was lost, but whatever) and picked this song out for mom. It sounds rather Christiany... or is it just me. Sorry, but Jesus is NOT invited to my wedding. Please, this isn't about religion and whether Jesus is the savior or not... but rather about my wedding and my religion. So, should I tell my sister that song won't work or am I being too uptight? >> Thanks!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
WTF? Dont play that crap at your wedding. Just play KISS. Gene Simmons is Jewish.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I dont like it it's too biblebeaterish.
Thanks for the feedback!

WTF? Dont play that crap at your wedding. Just play KISS. Gene Simmons is Jewish.
It's for the mom-son dance, I thought I'd give my mom (and thereby, my sister) a chance to pick the song.

No, most music will be the 80s, some Kiss for sure. Grateful Dead is one of my wife's favorites, so they'll be played.

I thought -- just to be a prick -- that I'd play some Judas Priest.

Ez-Cruiser

Chimp
Dec 30, 2004
Tennessee
I would prefer some ACDC for the occasion, but this song is good if you like it! Maybe you should focus on the words of the song, eventhough it sounds nice, does it say what you want? otherwise just do it, chances of someone caring.... slim to none!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ok, what about Barbara Stresand, she's Jewish and there has to be something appropriate from her. Dont let some bible thumper ruin YOUR day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm happy both my brothers got married a day apart and I didn't have to endure two weddings.

I couldn't get 5 seconds into that song.

Your sister needs to have her hearing checked or a punch in the throat for that song suggestion.:D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ok, what about Barbara Stresand...
I'm jewish, not gay.

Your sister needs to have her hearing checked or a punch in the throat for that song suggestion.:D
:rofl: hey, it's my sister. No punches. And while the song is annoying, this dance if partly for my mom, she's like 70 or something.

I would prefer some ACDC for the occasion, but this song is good if you like it! Maybe you should focus on the words of the song, eventhough it sounds nice, does it say what you want? otherwise just do it, chances of someone caring.... slim to none!!
To me, it says, "geezus".

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yeah. Sounds like something they'd play in the local Mormon/Protestant chapel.

My vote is Gogol Bordello - Start Wearing Purple for the mommy/son dance...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Find Your Wings - Mark Harris

Genre/Lang. : Christian

It's only for a moment you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you
Will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray
For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
You're walking in the truth
And If I never told you
I want you to know
As I watch you grow

Chorus:
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings

May passion be the wind
That leads you through your days
And may conviction keep you strong
Guide you on your way
May there be many moments
That make your life so sweet
Oh, but more than memories

Chorus:

It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer as you fly

Chorus

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Maybe I'm wrong, but don't both Christians AND Jews worship God? And wasn't Jesus Jewish? Never in the song does the word Jesus appear. For a sappy Mother/son dance song, this is really nice. It has the right sentiments in it, and I think that it will bring a tear to your mother's eye.

My 2 cents.