Quantcast

what ever happened to...

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I remember reading something on John Waddell, a DH racer for Santa Cruz being in a COma a while back, but has since come out of it and is recovering. ANyone have any news or updates on him?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by wannabeabonedoc
I remember reading something on John Waddell, a DH racer for Santa Cruz being in a COma a while back, but has since come out of it and is recovering. ANyone have any news or updates on him?
I was just wondering that a few days ago when I rewatched Kranked 5...hopefully he's doing better and out riding again.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
i heard theyre teaching him how to speak again, and hes just a bit more than a vegatable.
No, that's not right. Check out the Santa Cruz website

Read Waddell's interview (scroll down on the right side of the page). He talks about his coma a little bit, and what his recovery process has involved so far. He's definitely not a vegetable, but he's also not anywhere near 100%.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
thanks for the link. It's good to hear he's doing better. I was flipping though an old MTBAction mag and saw the ad for the V-10 Santa Cruz bike and wondered about his recovery process. He's a fighter. That would suck to be in a coma.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Shooter will be at Big Bear and will travel with the team all summer. He does plan on riding again someday. Drop by the team truck and wish him well. That kid is a real fighter!!!