Quantcast

What goes wrong with Morewoods

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
I'm thinking about picking up a used 08 Izimu. I've read tons of threads praizing the frames, the company, etc. but no negatives. Every bike has it's issues. For those of you who've had them, what goes wrong with Izimu's? Specially those who've ridden the same frame for a couple of years.

Thanks

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I got 1 negative.....

The Bike is soo fast i don't know what to do with all that extra speed.....

Okay, here is my take: before riding the Morewood, i had a Norco A-line (trash), then i got a Sinister R9 (awesome bike)... with the sinister and Aline you can plow through anything..... with the Izimu, you have to pick the right lines or the ride will be choppy. (which really isn't a negative) You're supposed to pick the best smoothest lines... not plow through everything!

Now.... i'll say this, if you end up on the wrong line with the Morewood, the bikes reacts very very good, and you'll end up on the right really fairly quickly.

I say get one... U will not regret it!

Last edited:

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
Any issues with maitenence. Do they blow shocks, eat DU bushings, pivots strip/die/explode. Do they crack (someone mentioned that the older models seemed to have issues with the rear end.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Nah, they're probably one if not the most reliable FS bike out there. The '08 Izimu is a solid MuthaTrucka.

That Herpes thing was money.

It's a super fun bike, not a plow bike as mentioned before but it will suck up the bumps when setup properly. It's got a little over 8" of travel so it's far from being a harsh ride. Nimble, burly and reliable sum it up nicely.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
i been riding all season and have not had no headset issue, no pivot issues, not bike issues... i had rider related issues, like me running into rocks and trees and stuff....

I'm wondering if i can send it back to Morewood for Powdercoat and new 09 Decals?

hmm, Let me email Richard!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
well the main problem with morewoods is that after about a year of hard east coast riding they start to loose their wood... you then have to order more-hence the name

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
well the main problem with morewoods is that after about a year of hard east coast riding they start to loose their wood... you then have to order more-hence the name
My name is wood. Trust me I've got enough to go around.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
i've had an 04 morewood prime 8 and an 06 izumi both where great bikes. Rode amazingly and as for the bearings, shocks not a bother at all had to replace 1 du bushing in 2 years on the izumi. I rode the crap out of the izumi raced two seasons on it a few trips to france and raced the mega avalanche on it. It was great really low maintenence. 1 down side was that it went the way most top end lightwieght race frames go. It cracked in the swingarm. No big deal they hooked me up with an 07 frame at a very good price and my mate is still riding my cracked frame. It hasn't got much worse. The prime 8 i had before cracked aswell but again they hooked me up with a deal even though i bought the bike used. So you can't say fairer than that. There a great bike and a great company. I've just bought my 3rd morewood last week a shova st and its great rides like a bike with twice the travell its gonna get me in alot of trouble. The morewoods are about as low maintenece a frame as you can get so there perfect for privater racers and weekend warriors.

dhpunk~

Chimp
Jan 23, 2005
Canada
I know one guy that got a morewood, and 3 months later...BANG, herpes.
LMAO....nice Monk! you better not be refering to me sucka :bonk:

I have a /05 Izumi....the frame is as solid as they come!! shock blew after its 3rd season, had seen lots of riding....suprised the 6way hadnt blown sooner to be honest.

im riding this frame into the ground...i figure i'll break before it does!

im 220lbs, far from a graceful racer :banana:

sweeney

TomBo

Monkey
Jan 13, 2004
Calgary,Alberta
Gots me an 06'er
Bent the rear shock mount axle, in 2.5 years of riding. Replaced the bearings for fun this year. Me being 150 lbs and only hit the lines I want. Say maby half the time.
I am hoping to get one more year out of her before retirement.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Great bike!!!!! The quality of the build and performance you can't go wrong. It is a Single Pivot so it will have a little Brake Jack. That is about the only negative you will find, but you can learn to ride around that. Pedals, jumps, and rips corners just as nice as any bike out there. I have ridden and raced many bikes in my time. Every bike out there (Even the Sunday) has some sort of negative issue with it. No bike out there is going to make you faster than you already are. You just have to learn how to ride and trust what your on at the time. Remeber its not the bike, its the rider!!!! As for the Morewood you can't find a better company to ride for that gives you the kind of support you get from them. I will not be on a Morewood in 2009, but will miss the support and friendship I have with them. Like Jeremy said once you own a Morewood you are considered part of the Family!!!!!!

Hope this helps you out on your decision,

Cecil

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Great bikes... I'm on my second Izimu and will be riding the same frame again next year. The only thing I can think of to call a negative is that your tire may buzz the seat tube in the slackest setting. But this is'nt an isolated issue as other frames such as the intense m6 do the same thing... If you are looking for something simple, light, low maintenance and fast this is the right bike for you.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Still riding the piss and giggles out of my Ndiza HT.

I raced the piss and crackers out of my Izimu. It still had gallons of go go left to it. Simplest bike to maintain I've ever owned. Pop the pivots, slap down the grease, put it back together, rock out with your cock out.

My only complaint ever with that bike is that it isn't a plow machine. You have to choose your line, because it will slow down a tinge on the square block sort of thing.

Loved that bike, might get another to have as a practice machine.