Quantcast

What got you into DH-PLUSH anyone ........

LittleBIGjumP

Monkey
Jul 15, 2006
Gold Coast OZ
Was going through an old box, and found a Vid that got me into MTB Racing
( DH in Japan).

Plush the Video 1997, by FOX with Kirt V, Shaums M, Randy L, Shaun P and a bunch of others.

Anyone remember it, old school for sure but fun. What got you into DH?

LBJ:monkeydance:

dancorley

Chimp
Apr 20, 2008
Colorado
Ever see the Geico commercial of the little kid always talking about beating up on his Nascar relative, racing around, putting him into the wall, etc, etc? Well that is what happened to me w/my mtn bike mentor Mike Patterson, Team Kozos, Expert 40+ and killing it in the Mountain States Cup. He has been an awesome mentor and proponent of the discipline, super helpful and very reasonable w/encouragement to hit new features and conservative when need be when he sees my brain's perceived skill level and my bike's actual skill don't mesh. So anyways, back to Michael Wallace...always talking about racing, well that was my mentor always talking about how much fun he was having, sweet pics, and nice race results so I knew he was legit. One ride (opening day Sol Vista Bike Park, woohoo!) and I was hooked. Long live live assisted DH!

Dan Corley
Team Kozos noob

ps.--gonna be killing it in Crested Butte next weekend, first DH race of my life! Watch out for Michael Wallace, he'll put you into the wall!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Chainsmoke I think was one of the first...

Transcontinental was the first big one....

What was the one with Missy blazing down with some hiphop song on her Cannondale Super-V DH? Bonus points for naming the song. Fan-fvcking-tastic! I think that vid amped me more than any modern day vids...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Chain Smoke, the next year I started racing DH......I had been racing XC for a long time but decided to do both after that vid

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Chainsmoke I think was one of the first...

Transcontinental was the first big one....

What was the one with Missy blazing down with some hiphop song on her Cannondale Super-V DH? Bonus points for naming the song. Fan-fvcking-tastic! I think that vid amped me more than any modern day vids...

Faith No More feat. Boo Ya Tribe - Another Body Murdered

I grew up next to the 1996 Worlds site in Cairns. Doesn't need much more explaining really.

On the subject of Chainsmoke - The jumping section with Todd Lyons and Fuzzy Hall will still be better than 99% of the segments in whatever FreeHuck The Jibsorder installment comes out this year. Mark it.

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
The 94 Worlds in Vail tempted me to get a full-suspension bike. 2001 WC in Vail told me 4" of travel was just the beginning and it wasn't just a fad. Two years after that I was on a used 2001 Turner DHR ripping Vail for the first time on a DH bike! After THAT I bought Earthed 3, I think. Then I was hooked.