Quantcast

What grit tire to sand my butt with! :) it hurts.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
CORNHOLE RACING IDAHO STYLE:
I built my wife a full suspension bike last week and have been excited all week to take her riding. Well today weather permitted a trip to one of my local practice spots and it has some good technical trails for her to get used to the bike.
I just put a boxxer team on my bike and was feeling a little froggy to see how it performs on bigger drops, so I have my wife stand off to the side of the drop to get a good look at me go flying down the basic 10' drop. (and to show her how cool and manly I am). Now i've done this drop so many times I lip and tweak the air on it, well being the boxxers first time I decide to build up how cautious and safety oriented I have to be with a new fork. Kinda fills the atmosphere with hype and makes her in awe.
Aw hell I'll cut to the chase!

I went off the drop, flying like normal. I bottomed the boxxer out causing the ass end to bottom and my ass to hit the tire, to make things worse when my rear hit the tire it sucked my sweats down to my knees and I was standing up. As I passed by my wife with my big white tire marked ass looking right at her, my pants were flapping around my top tube and knees. :D
(mind you this was a minion slowreezay 40 supertacky tire, I am surprised my nuts didn't end up down by the e-13.) these tires grip! trust me.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Softer compounds actually work better...the softer top knobs allow a bit more cushion. Try getting buzzed by a 60d... :dead:

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
LMAO! Crazy funny story dude.
I've did a similar thing when I borrowd my friends V10. Landed as bit hard, and bottmed out the rear, and got ass-raped by a Gazzaloddi 2,1 Mud tire. This is a superhard tire with extremely agressive knobs. Tire cut straight trough both shorts and boxxers, and gave me a sore ass for days. LOL

Sverre

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
So much for impressing the wife! Murphy's law and sweatpants at work there.

Does that mean the next time I go out and eat Mexican and drink alot of beer I should ride with a mud tire? :eek:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I was on a hardtail with 3.0 IRC Kujos front and rear...got over the back tire, which got launched into my butt. For the first time...somehow...those kujos got grip (on my ass) and threw my body forward...sucking my nuts into the seatstay yoke and making me and my junk into a human v-brake.

Luckily, I was a little ahead of the group and had managed to stand up and look casual by the time the rest of them showed up.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
bullcrew said:
Just letting everyone know it's 5:30 pm and my cornhole still hurts.
gimme some feedback on 661 c-ya protec shorts.
Thought they were the worst thing I've ever tried. The loose netting was bulky and bunchy and I literally couldn't even walk around with them on (worn over coolmax compression shorts and under a baggy DH shell short).

Get something like the Crash Padz or (cheaper) the EVS or V-Top lycra shorts with hip and tailbone padding fused to them. Then just wear a baggy shell over it.

MD

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Which of the protector shorts are easier fitting. protection is a must, especially around ye old bung hole.
I wore armor a while ago and a few things have changed in the last couple of years, like I stopped wearing it and flip my ball cap backwards for the big stuff.
Wife is all over me to start wearing body armor again. I'm going to do more freeride with a little DH competition in there. I want semi light, movable and my body parts to stay in place with the skin on me still.
I don't live near a major city now so as far as trying them out, it's kinda out of the question. I ordered the carbon hucker helmet for jumping and fr, I'll take care of the helmet, but knees, shins ankles, elbows, kidneys and back are my major concerns. And my rear end of course.
Let me know what you run and how well it manuevers with you.

mtbpaint

Monkey
Jan 17, 2005
University of Connecticut
daaamn....The 360's have a buckle clicking thing, so one size really fits about 5 or 6 different waist sizes. As far as armor goes, just get a pressure suit (661 short sleave) they arent that hard to fit into (dont have to be picky bout how they fit) and if you want the protection on the arms just get elbow pads seperately. This is good because you are more manuverable (sorry spelling)