Quantcast

What happened at the waterpark yesterday?

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
I was driving down 94 around 6pm & got passed by 5 cop cars who then turned into the dirt road that leads up to the back of the waterpark.

Anyone know what went down?

(and yeah, I'm bored & nosey, lol)

Zaphoid

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
Yeah i have no clue there were like 5 of them that stormed the entrance to the park in the afternoon.

sweetbabyd

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Bucks County, PA
seriously, what's going on over at the waterpark? my chums and i have season passes there so we can cool off after riding. when we went tuesday, all the "extreme" rides - the cliff jump, slide, the tarzan swing, etc. - were closed. some agency had placed violation stickers on them. when i asked at the entrance what was going on, they gave me some BS about "checking the chemicals"... that's funny!

JerZ_r1der

Chimp
May 10, 2008
Vernon, NJ
my chums and i have season passes there so we can cool off after riding. when we went tuesday, all the "extreme" rides - the cliff jump, slide, the tarzan swing, etc. - were closed.
It's not "some agency", its the state that showed up about 3 weeks ago.
I lifeguard at Creek, so here's the scoop on why big cliff & bombs away are closed for the season.

When people would go off big cliff, they wouldn't jump off right (as in landing in the water with arms out or flailing), and we've had about 8 or 10 dislocated shoulders from it. The state wasn't happy, so they closed big cliff.
So now, little cliff is open, and we have to like show the people how to properly & safely jump off the cliff & yeah, it's annoying.

They closed bombs away because they felt it was an 'unsafe ride', and people always go off of it who can't swim & end up almost drowning.

Sidewinder (the blue mat slide) is closed for the season because the state felt it was "too dangerous". I, myself, used to LOVE that ride & can't understand WHY they closed that.

H2OhNo has been closed on & off throughout the season since one of the pipes broke on it about a month ago.

Cannonball Falls & Tarzan, yeah I have NO idea why they were closed on Tuesday. That surprised ALL of the guards.

As for what happened yesterday, I have no idea. But I wanna know. :]

Ironjunk

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
I remember the blue mat slide they had that ramp and the padding to stop people and heavier people used to ride up the ramp and slam into the padding and then fly off the mat and fall down..

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

This slide must have had some BAD chemicals
Wow... the "Corkscrew" is STILL there?!?!

LOL - this is the 1980's all over again. I used to go to Mt. Creek water park back in the day when it was known as "Action Park". Thing is - so many people were getting f-ed up on the rides that people eventually began calling the place "Traction Park" because of all the broken bones/injuries. I have TONS of good stories from back in the day.

I'll hold my tounge for now, but it sounds like things haven't changed much... but then again this is 'Jersey where everything is designed to kill you, waterparks being no exception. It's how we make sure our kids grow up big and strong. :biggrin:

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
It's not "some agency", its the state that showed up about 3 weeks ago.
I lifeguard at Creek, so here's the scoop on why big cliff & bombs away are closed for the season.

When people would go off big cliff, they wouldn't jump off right (as in landing in the water with arms out or flailing), and we've had about 8 or 10 dislocated shoulders from it. The state wasn't happy, so they closed big cliff.
So now, little cliff is open, and we have to like show the people how to properly & safely jump off the cliff & yeah, it's annoying.

They closed bombs away because they felt it was an 'unsafe ride', and people always go off of it who can't swim & end up almost drowning.

Sidewinder (the blue mat slide) is closed for the season because the state felt it was "too dangerous". I, myself, used to LOVE that ride & can't understand WHY they closed that.

H2OhNo has been closed on & off throughout the season since one of the pipes broke on it about a month ago.

Cannonball Falls & Tarzan, yeah I have NO idea why they were closed on Tuesday. That surprised ALL of the guards.

As for what happened yesterday, I have no idea. But I wanna know. :]

So I pose the serious question, what the hell is there to do at Mountain Creek now? I know they killed off a huge number of attractions when the park went from Action Park to Mountain Creek, and from the sound of it there's not nearly enough attractions open now to pacify a huge number of guests. I don't know the names of the stuff you listed in comparison to the Action Park stuff, but it sounds like Mt. Creek is the major suckage these days.

Definitely miss the old days of my season pass when I was in grade school - the rides were all poorly designed and the lifeguards couldn't care less about following protocol, but it was so much FUN to come back from a water park with bruises and scrapes. Heck there was even some cool stuff on the other side of 94, not to mention the legendary Alpine slide. I guess in this day and age when everyone is out looking for some frivolous lawsuit, places like Mt. Creek are forced to turn their once-fun rides into a series of wading pools. Sucks.

Instigatr

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
New Milford, NJ
I remember the blue mat slide they had that ramp and the padding to stop people and heavier people used to ride up the ramp and slam into the padding and then fly off the mat and fall down..
Was that surf hill?

10 lanes wide?

I went down that like 18 years ago, lost my mat, hit the water at the bottom and lost my suit to my knees. How do you pull up your suit when on your stomache? Had to flip over to pull up suit. LOL

JerZ_r1der

Chimp
May 10, 2008
Vernon, NJ
So, a little update for you all.

I was at the park yesterday, and worked today.

What happened at the park the other day was there were a bunch of gangs (you know, like krips & bloods, only not them), that went to the park. They were in the wavepool causin trouble. They weren't listenin to the guards & even when security came they still didn't stop. Finally, after a few of them threatened the lives of the workers, the waterpark called the cops to have it settled.

Moving on to the rides:
Cannonball Falls & Tarzan SHOULD be re-opening soon. They were closed 'cause of maintenence. I've heard many reasons, so idk which is true. But yeah..
Bombs Away is now re-open, along with sidewinder.

SKC, that slides not there at all anymore, haha. But you're right about Creek not bein much diff. from action park.

Wanna read some stories from people who used to work at Action Park? Some of the stories are HILARIOUS! :] The Center Of The Action

JerZ_r1der

Chimp
May 10, 2008
Vernon, NJ
As of right now, big cliffs is the only thing left thats still closed & I think tht's done for the season.

They re-opened Tarzan & Cannonball Saturday.